Author Topic: Google Chrome installed without permission  (Read 15235 times)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Google Chrome installed without permission
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 12:38:55 PM »
Avast, be off with you, and take your pushy sneaky Chrome backdoor insertion with you. Shame.
Hide your email unless you want a lot of spam. Changing your screen name might help also.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

avgfreeformethen

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 12:01:46 PM »
First time I’ve posted on a message board but im so incensed by this borderline illegal level of either incompetence or corporate slyness I felt I had to!  This isn’t a “bug” so all you hardened AVAST supporters can save your breath.  At no time was I able to opt out of the Chrome install! (on several different installs) If this had been IE slipped streamed there would have been a global meltdown! Small apps like CCleaner, Defraggler etc give you a clear warning and option to opt out! How hard can this be! I’ve recommended AVAST to many home users and my company has installed corporate editions across the UK.  Many of them are due for renewal, it won’t be AVAST!  Ill be recommending AVG free for home users and ESET for business. Anti Virus software is designed to avoid this kind of behaviour not perpetuate it!  How dare you install and application on a machine without the users permission! I hope the rewards you recoup from Chrome outway the damage you have done to your reputation!

Signed

Ex AVAST user

AdrianH

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 12:08:56 PM »
>> https://support.avast.com/index.php?languageid=1&group=eng&_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1139  <<

Off you go then,bye .

All I can say is I have installed avast!7 on too many machines to count and I have no problem seeing the install options.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 12:11:04 PM »
All I can say is I have installed avast!7 on too many machines to count and I have no problem seeing the install options.

Same here.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0