Author Topic: update: i had to un-install Avast free 7.0.1426  (Read 1965 times)

kissbaby

update: i had to un-install Avast free 7.0.1426
« on: April 05, 2012, 04:52:28 PM »
4-5-12

dell dimension 2400. (6year old pc)
windows xp home sp3
2 gigs of ram
60 gig hard drive

comodo firewall installed (most recent new version)
been using that firewall for a year now
-----------------------

i had to un-install avast free  7.0.1426.

now that i am alittle more awake , sorry folks for the lousy post .
here is an update of this post.

i did a fresh install of avast free 7.0.1426  a few days after March 07, 2012.
the fresh install went great and last night (4-4-12) i did not noticed any slow downs or nothing .
avast running great as always , no problems .

but this morning , when i first turned my PC on , i always wait one hour before i play , just to make
sure my PC is fully loaded and settled down, i always do this .

i take a shower , have coffee , make something to eat , and so on, then i play on the old PC before i
head off to work .

well i went to play on the PC, and noticed it was not fully loaded  and stuff, i tried shutting down the PC for 10 minutes and then start it back up, and no go , it will load up windows but not all the way.

so then i go into safe mode , well , long story short , i ended up using the fresh downloaded program of yours (i had it just in case) called "aswclear"  and used that to un-install it in safe mode .

did a scan of my pc in search to make sure there was not left over items, and there was and i deleted those as well.

well , i have not re-installed avast free 7.0.1426 yet, i'm going to wait till you come out with another new build after this one .

till then i'm taking a risk and using MSE (Microsoft security essential's) for now .

when i see a new build of avast free, then i will give avast another go .

i really like avast , its great , it just has a few more bugs , like not letting the pc fully load/boot up and settle down.

i did have the sandbox turned off , the whole time , cuz i saw that lots of people had a problem with it .

well thats all for now .

i want to thank all those who reply back to me.

hugs .

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 01:48:37 AM by kissbaby »

kissbaby

Re: update: i had to un-install Avast free 7.0.1426
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 01:49:09 AM »
i did alittle update of this post