Author Topic: One of the Reasons  (Read 4036 times)

kelp

One of the Reasons
« on: April 17, 2012, 05:29:51 AM »
 :-\ This one of the Reasons I might not invest in Paid Membership. I use the Silent Gaming Mode to Game of course.But what annoys me why it would run a dome scan when is in Gaming Mode.? that's is just bull.I am not really worried about a Virus cause if it happens I just reformat and start over but this is just good.

Gargamel360

Re: One of the Reasons
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 05:57:01 AM »
"Dome" scan?  ???

It should not run a scan, unless you scheduled one I guess.  Apart from that, Avast! only does an anti-rootkit scan somewhere around 8 mins. after startup, it does not last long.

Are you expecting gaming mode to turn of all active protection as well?  Not an uncommon desire among gamers.

kelp

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 06:19:53 AM »
I am fully aware of my choices.NO I have no schedules scan's that are active.I have even made sure I read all options in this AV.Think of me as having plenty of knowledge about many softwares even some programming and other high end applications that i run. I made sure nothing updates unless I allow it to.Nothing except of course for the AV itself.I need you to get technical here, not whimsical answers that are obvious. remember I had this for a month ran many many test to see the culprit and is the AV.Really I don't Game as soon as it start really.I can disable it in services and no the risk are not my worry here at all. ;)

Gargamel360

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 06:38:46 AM »
I need you to get technical here, not whimsical answers that are obvious.
Technical about what?   There is still nothing to be gained till you explain exactly what your problem is.   

There is no such thing as a "dome" scan.   By that do you mean the on-access scanning?

Was my assumption correct that you want gaming mode to disable active protection? 

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 08:05:14 AM »
:-\ This one of the Reasons I might not invest in Paid Membership. I use the Silent Gaming Mode to Game of course.But what annoys me why it would run a dome scan when is in Gaming Mode.? that's is just bull.I am not really worried about a Virus cause if it happens I just reformat and start over but this is just good.

based on what i underlined, u mind as well do not install any antivirus... ???.

i do not agree with that statement though.

kelp

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 08:20:39 AM »
You that is lost Ok if you're attitude is going to stay that way than u might as well move on bud. Because all u doing is starting junk for nothing.I started this thread to find out about this issue not u're smart remarks from both u budding in.Besides that system u run is not really that good.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 08:24:21 AM by kelp »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 09:42:26 AM »
Kelp, if your attitude is going to stay, you get banned - such language won't be tolerated here.

You might want to get technical, but you didn't describe anything technical yourself. So, what scan are you talking about? How does it manifest?
The silent mode doesn't suppress any scanning - if you want that, you should stop the relevant shields (which is a bad idea of course, but you don't seem to mind. In any case, it certainly won't get changed.).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:44:06 AM by igor »

kelp

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 10:12:05 AM »
The plot thickens make sure u safe this thread so when I call Customer service on the Phone u can point out what such Bad Bad word I said, Heck maybe even call the Police while u are at it.Come to get Help and this is what i get bunch treats. By the way I made a copy of this to send to the appropriate channels, since I was accused of using bad words.Now we have freedom of speech and we have freedom to overall say the right words. So lock away bud lock away ban away ban enjoy you're desolate glory of self proclaimed right or wrong can keep u Happy.

Junk is not a bad word Junk Here:unk 1  (jngk)
n.
1. Discarded material, such as glass, rags, paper, or metal, some of which may be reused in some form.
2. Informal
a. Articles that are worn-out or fit to be discarded: broken furniture and other junk in the attic.
b. Cheap or shoddy material.
c. Something meaningless, fatuous, or unbelievable: nothing but junk in the annual report. This is the meaning of it and telling someone that what they said is junk is justified.

OK wow Attitude wow I was laughing at what u wrote and you're buds here. Mad I was not a Chance but apparently someone was. 
Kelp, if your attitude is going to stay, you get banned - such language won't be tolerated here.

You might want to get technical, but you didn't describe anything technical yourself. So, what scan are you talking about? How does it manifest?
The silent mode doesn't suppress any scanning - if you want that, you should stop the relevant shields (which is a bad idea of course, but you don't seem to mind. In any case, it certainly won't get changed.).

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 02:13:31 PM »
@kelp: so ur playing with definitions now?. i was the one who reported u.

let me make this clear. stop ur condescending attitude here or leave the forums.

If u want to state a suggestion, u should not use words like 'bull', 'junk', 'whimsical'...
ur obviously being rude to the people/company here.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:21:12 PM by AntiVirusASeT »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 06:13:03 AM »
@kelp: so ur playing with definitions now?. i was the one who reported u.

let me make this clear. stop ur condescending attitude here or leave the forums.

If u want to state a suggestion, u should not use words like 'bull', 'junk', 'whimsical'...
ur obviously being rude to the people/company here.

FYI: He got banned already.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 08:11:07 AM »
Lol, what a strange fellow. First he rages about "dome scan" (i don't have any clue what's this suppose to be) and then fails to explain just that.
It's not like we requested any kind of rocket science or something. If he just explained that and he would already get an answer before the post 3 would ever appear.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog