Author Topic: C0000135 %hs is missing...happened after avast install...help please  (Read 3661 times)

max05xiii

Hello,

I recently installed Avast and performed a boot up scan. I canceled the scan and tried rebooting my computer but it always restarts at the windows logo. I cant get into safe mode either. I've researched this error and saw that I had to do an FRST scan. I've attached it below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:39:02 PM by max05xiii »

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: C0000135 %hs is missing...happened after avast install...help please
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 06:57:17 AM »
Hello,

I recently installed Avast and performed a boot up scan. I canceled the scan and tried rebooting my computer but it always restarts at the windows logo. I cant get into safe mode either. I've researched this error and saw that I had to do an FRST scan. I've attached it below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you have another antivirus installed at the time you ran Avast!  Or maybe the reason Avast! was installed?  Why was the scan cancelled? 

In any case, if you are not able to get into safe mode, there are ways around that, say, booting into a live os cd.  A resident malware expert will be along, essexboy has been notified. 

Go here on another computer, and follow the instructions here:  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0  Please attach all resulting logs here, not in the LOGS topic, using Attachments and other options below the forum text box lower left-hand corner when replying.  I know at the moment the computer is not usable, but the above is for when it is.....
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: C0000135 %hs is missing...happened after avast install...help please
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 06:04:08 PM »
Hi when you cancelled the scan you stopped Avast halfway through the repair process As it had not yet changed a registry key that was the cause of the boot failure

Download the attached fixlist.txt to the same USB drive as FRST
Run FRST and click Fix

Reboot to normal windows

Once there then please run aswMBR and OTL