Author Topic: Blue Screen and Unexpected Shutdown  (Read 2342 times)

wingwangchung

Blue Screen and Unexpected Shutdown
« on: April 07, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »
Hello all, I hope that my issues will prove to be a relatively simple fix. I think my problem is relatively minor, considering I have internet access while not in safe mode. However, I do need a resolution if my computer is to remain safe.

At around 8:42 PM (GMT -5) last evening, my computer suffered from an unexpected shutdown. Upon reboot, operations were hindered and rather sluggish - Avast! would not function, so I resorted to using Malwarebytes to detect and fix the issue. It caught the spyware and stated it was deleted and all seemed well. Overnight though, my computer encountered a driver error and shutdown again. I think that some residual damage was caused when the actual spyware was deleted, causing this problem. I wish I had more specifics, but if you could offer some help it'd be greatly appreciated. I'll send a Hijackthis log or other logs if needed.

Thanks in advance to everyone, especially Essexboy who was able to help me out once before.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Blue Screen and Unexpected Shutdown
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 08:51:35 PM »
While Essexboy does not jump here, I'll try to update all your drives (using Windows Update or the manufacturer webpage) and also repair your avast! installation within Control Panel.
The best things in life are free.

wingwangchung

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 11:16:31 PM »
Thank you! I do believe it should be a simple fix, so provide some instructions and I'll get back to you.

wingwangchung

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 10:56:28 PM »
Hi again,

Not sure where this message should be posted, as avast! seems to not be detecting any malware on the computer. However, I do have some details on the nature of the BlueScreen error that I just received upon start up today. It's been the first one I've seen since Sunday.

Windows 7 attempts to rectify the problem, but the dialogue box disappears and is not to be found.

Files that describe the problem:
C:\\Windows\Minidump\041012-24429-01.dmp
C:\\Users\Wing Ho\App Data\Local\Temp\WER-59061-0.sysdata.xml

BCCode d1
BCP 1 000000000000004B
BCP 2 00000000000002
BCP 3 00000000000000
BCP 4 FFFFF880014D61DF

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

This information seems to be a little above my head, but there seems to be a hardware problem or something in the temp files that's causing me the grief. I'd like to proceed but I'd like to know the exact nature of what's going on and some instructions so that I know my fixes won't damage my computer. Thanks in advance for the help everyone.