Author Topic: Safari Extension Bug  (Read 6621 times)

gutu

Safari Extension Bug
« on: April 11, 2012, 04:15:11 PM »
The Avast Safari Extension writes this in the webforms:

Code: [Select]
<div id="wrc-float-icon" style="position: fixed; z-index: 2147483646; left: 15px; top: 15px; width: 42px; height: 42px; background-image: url('safari-extension://com.avast.wrc-6H4HRTU5E3/e00787d9/images/float/grey-0.png');"></div>

Offline mity

• Avast team
Re: Safari Extension Bug
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 04:21:59 PM »
Hmmm. Interesting. Does it happen for all web sites you visit? Can you provide some URL where the problem occurs?

Thanks,
Mity

gutu

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 05:42:59 PM »
When you use a WYSIWYG-Editor with Safari it displays the Avast-Extension-Icon on the form and inserts the code.

You can test it with TinyMCE. You see the code in the HTML-mode

Many sites have this code inserted https://www.google.com/search?hl=de&q="wrc-float-icon"

pepa.havlin

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 01:40:06 PM »
We were able to reproduce this issue and developers will have a look at it. Thanks

statler

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 12:07:39 PM »
We still have the problem with the combination of Joomla and TinyMCE. Is there now a solution to this?

Thank you very much

havlin

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 05:18:10 PM »
Hi, I can't reproduce the problem on TinyMCE website. Do you have any example of publicly accessible site where it occurs? What version of avast and WebRep plugin do you use? Version of WR plugin is shown in (Safari > Preferences > Extensions).
Thanks
Pepa Havlin

lausianne

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 09:21:49 AM »
I have the same thing happening. But: Neither have I Avast installed on this PC nor do I use Safari. It's Chrome. And no Avast plugin installed.
How is this possible?

I observed it on a Joomla site with JCE as editor (JCE works on top of TinyMCE).

EDIT: Happens on Firefox, too.

EDIT2: I investigated further and found that it is the HTML validator in JCE that inserts that code.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 09:28:45 AM by lausianne »