Author Topic: Need to Uninstall 6.0.1367 Pieces  (Read 10171 times)

ManyQs

Re: Need to Uninstall 6.0.1367 Pieces
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2012, 08:09:25 AM »
Para-Noid, space on the hard drive was not the issue under consideration when I was asking about the basics.

I had in mind software conflict.  Best way to diagnose issues related to software conflict is reduce the package down to the basic minimum and then build it back up ste-by-step.

Also, your explanation regarding WebRep tends to sound like the flow of information is one way.  Forgive me for a possible afront, but I would suggest more care when describing WebRep to members here.

Your statement that "WebRep does not show when a member is online." is not correct.  A WebRep status bar is installed and a little green indicator gives a rating of the webpage one is visiting.  That's an information flow in the opposite direction than you noted. 

Here is a thread on the subject:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76722.0

I also wonder why a company in the Net security business, as Avast is, would be involved in popularizing a tool which you state is solely for the purpose of 'popularity ratings'.  There really isn't any security merits in its use?  What good is it, then?  Why have it at all?  I don't get that.  Just a fancy, feel-good tool?  So we might state that Avast has started down the road of loading useless tools along with the necessities for Net security?  That doesn't seem quite right.  I'd be interested to know if an Avast Team member agrees there is no security merit in the WebRep tool.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2012, 08:50:25 AM »
Webrep now also incorporates phishing detection and i believe there are still more features to be added in the future.

ManyQs

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2012, 08:57:33 AM »
Webrep now also incorporates phishing detection and i believe there are still more features to be added in the future.

Now that's more like it.  Glad to read that.

A platform upon which to add security tools not installed on the main platform.  Clever, that.  Yep, pretty neat.

Thank you for the feedback, craigb.

By the way, I've been meaning to extol your avatar.  That's also "pretty neat".

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2012, 09:09:24 AM »

Thank you for the feedback, craigb.

Your welcome, glad you like my avatar :)