Author Topic: BSOD  (Read 1512 times)

cdilloo66

BSOD
« on: April 17, 2012, 12:37:01 AM »
Apparently I have a virus or whatever in my Windows 7. I can't be online more that thirty minutes before my computer crashes and I get the Blue-screen warning. "Windows has encountered a problem and must shut down". So then I have to shut down and or reboot. When I shut down the logging off sound is like a high pitched sound of teeth grinding together. I have tried Norton Deep Scrub without success. Norton can't find any infected files. So now I am using Avast Pro, also without any success. I am using the Firefox browser. Does anybody else have this problem or am I the only one?

iroc9555

Re: BSOD
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 01:10:21 AM »
It seems overheating. That sound could be the blowers or the HDD. What does BSOD says.

You could send minidump to Avast!.

Look for the minidump in C:\WINDOWS\minidump. compress it with ZIP, RAR or 7Zip and give it an original name.

It will also be a good idea to include a text ( use notepad ) with your e-mail and URL of this post.

Upload the minidump to ftp://ftp.avast.com  Use IE for this and follow instructions.

Or Start > Run > Copy/paste " explorer ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming " without quotes. Drag dump file into the ftb window.