Author Topic: THEFT AWARE NO ESTA VISIBLE  (Read 3380 times)

cepelaez

THEFT AWARE NO ESTA VISIBLE
« on: April 17, 2012, 06:14:55 AM »
Hola:  Al activar el theft aware que descargué de la web de NOKIA se me ocultó y no puedo hacerlo visible como hago? muchas gracias por su ayuda

cepelaez

Re: THEFT AWARE NO ESTA VISIBLE
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 06:26:22 AM »
in english

Hello: When you activate the theft aware that I downloaded from Nokia website I hid and I can not make it visible as I do? thank you very much for your help

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 09:07:20 AM »
Hi,

the Symbian version is not supported anymore. Although you access the Anti-Theft interface by calling your PIN.

Filip

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 09:45:48 AM »
Dear Customer,

to stop continuous updates you only need to open theft aware once. the currently inserted sim will be added to the trusted simcards list.

to open Theft Aware dial your pin like a phone number. you created the pincode on installing theft aware (4-6 digits, only numbers).

To uninstall Theft Aware open it, deactivate Theft Aware and now you see Theft Aware in the list of your apps and can uninstall it.
If you think you already uninstalled it - but it still seems to be on the phone please install this package on your
phone: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27553331/RescueFile.sis - this will give you an icon in the app
menu again with which you can launch Theft Aware. Then deactivate Theft Aware and uninstall it.

As we don't support the Symbian version any more I need to ask you to consult our manual available at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27553331/TheftAwareSymbian%202_00_User_Guide_English.pdf if you need further help.
Give it a try – it’s short and easy to understand! 99% of all questions are already answered and can be found with a quick google search.

If you forgot/lost your access pin we have a difficult situation. Theft Aware doesn't send the pin code to our servers and there is no master key for security reasons.
All we can recommend is to backup your data and hardreset the device.

Werner