Author Topic: Consrv.dll - What is this?  (Read 12404 times)

blazed12

Consrv.dll - What is this?
« on: April 19, 2012, 01:44:35 AM »
I was checking the virus chest on avast and notice this "consrv.dll" and after searching around online it looks like it's been an issue for some people. Also, at the virus column it describes this as a "Win64:Sirefef-C [Drp]" and the original location of this is at "C:\Windows\System32"

Lately, my laptop will be slow to boot up like after the welcome screen comes on it gives me a blank screen for a minute before loading windows desktop completely. Also, for some reason my Windows Firewall and Windows Defender doesn't start up. I'm not sure if this "conrv.dll" virus has something to do with it or not.

Any help with this issues I'm having will be greatly appreciated :)

Gargamel360

Re: Consrv.dll - What is this?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 01:48:44 AM »
Yeah, thats most likely a nasty infection. 

Give this a read>>http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0  , then after you are done running the tools mentioned, post the logs from them back here as attachments. 

Someone qualified will have a look at them and tell you what to do next.

blazed12

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 01:50:53 AM »
Will do. Thank you.

blazed12

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 02:28:15 AM »
Here's the log from the OTL.

EDIT: I also added the aswMBR log.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 02:37:01 AM by blazed12 »

jeffce

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 04:47:34 PM »
Hi,

Let me look over these logs and I will return shortly. 

jeffce

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 04:52:46 PM »
Hi,

Run a new scan with OTL.
In Custom Scans/Fixes put the following:
netsvsc
/md5start
consrv.dll
/md5stop
createrestorepoint

Press Run Fix and then attach the new log created to your next reply.  :)

blazed12

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 09:57:12 PM »
This is what I'm getting whenever I click run fix.

jeffce

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 12:37:07 AM »
Dohh...I apologize.  Run the same instructions but press the Run Scan button.   :)

blazed12

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 01:57:25 AM »
Dohh...I apologize.  Run the same instructions but press the Run Scan button.   :)

That's alright :D

Log is attach.

jeffce

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 02:20:02 AM »
Hi,

Download Combofix from either of the links below, and save it to your desktop. 
Link 1
Link 2

**Note:  It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

--------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Right-Click and Run as Administrator on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

Notes:
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.
3.  If after the reboot you get errors about programmes being marked for deletion then reboot, that will cure it.

• When finished, it will produce a report for you. 
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt for further review.
----------

blazed12

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 03:57:00 AM »
Here you go.

jeffce

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 04:44:06 PM »
Hi,
  • Please open Notepad (Start -> Run -> type notepad in the Open field -> OK) and copy and paste the text present inside the code box below:
Code: [Select]
ClearJavaCache::

RegLockDel::
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DbgagD\1*]

RegLock::
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Common\Smart Tag\Actions\{B7EFF951-E52F-45CC-9EF7-57124F2177CC}]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Schema Library\ActionsPane3]
  • Save this as CFScript.txt and change the "Save as type" to "All Files" and place it on your desktop.

• Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before following the steps below. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
  • Referring to the screenshot above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe.
  • ComboFix will now run a scan on your system. It may reboot your system when it finishes. This is normal.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.
CAUTION: Do not mouse-click ComboFix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
----------

blazed12

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 10:35:09 PM »
Hi,
  • Please open Notepad (Start -> Run -> type notepad in the Open field -> OK) and copy and paste the text present inside the code box below:
Code: [Select]
ClearJavaCache::

RegLockDel::
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DbgagD\1*]

RegLock::
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Common\Smart Tag\Actions\{B7EFF951-E52F-45CC-9EF7-57124F2177CC}]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Schema Library\ActionsPane3]
  • Save this as CFScript.txt and change the "Save as type" to "All Files" and place it on your desktop.

• Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before following the steps below. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
  • Referring to the screenshot above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe.
  • ComboFix will now run a scan on your system. It may reboot your system when it finishes. This is normal.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.
CAUTION: Do not mouse-click ComboFix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
----------

Here's the log sir.

jeffce

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 11:37:33 PM »
Hi,

Malwarebytes

I see that you have Malwarebytes already on your computer.  Please open Malwarebytes, update it and then run a Quick Scan.  Save the log that is created for your next reply.
----------

ESET Online Scanner:

Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here.

Vista users: You will need to to right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.

• Please go here then click on:
    Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
  • Select the option YES, I accept the Terms of Use then click on:
  • When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
  • Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
    • Scan for potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  • Now click on:
  • The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
  • When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
  • Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
  • When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
  • Now click on:
  • Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
  • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.

Note: Do not forget to re-enable your Anti-Virus application after running the above scan!
----------

In your next reply please attach the logs made by Malwarebytes and ESET online scanner.  :)

blazed12

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
Logs for ESET and MBAM.