Author Topic: Autosandbox blocking too many programs.  (Read 15880 times)

idacbadger

Re: Autosandbox blocking too many programs.
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 03:05:20 PM »
Hi, many thanks for the responses/suggestions. I've only had time to do the repair at the moment, will try the full uninstall/reinstall later and let you know what happens. Here is a screenshot of the notification message and autosandbox settings tab:

http://imagebin.org/211818

If I had enabled the sandbox and scrolled down you would see the path to convert.exe listed several times under "Files that will be excluded...". I'm running a local web server and on some pages (containing images generated by convert.exe) I get up to 15 of the notification boxes popping up.

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 03:25:21 PM »
Strange, very strange, that it is working when it is meant to be disabled.

However, our alert/notification image shows an alert which would normally be shown if the autosandbox set on Auto mode, yet prior to your disabling it, the autosandbox was set to Ask, weird.

So I think the clean reinstall is the next option.

If as you say you are running a local web server and you were getting multiple entries for convert.exe, it the \...\ part of the path  C:\Program Files (x86)\...\convert.exe (in your image, attached below) was always changing, then you could use a wildcard in place of the ... part, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\*\convert.exe.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

idacbadger

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 04:42:05 PM »
I managed to uninstall according to instructions above from AntiVirusASeT, rebooting into safe mode etc, before reinstalling. After another reboot to allow the sandbox virtualization to work problem seems to be fixed (default settings with Autosandbox set to 'Auto'). Thanks for the assistance with this.

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 05:05:41 PM »
You're welcome, though I though the default setting for the AutoSandbox mode was Ask. If not I would suggest setting it that way as it gives you more interactive control over what is going on. Of course that would more notification/recommendation screens, if you are happy with the activity no problem. Personally I prefer the extra control.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security