Author Topic: Malicious URL Blocked  (Read 2968 times)

DBSDriver

Malicious URL Blocked
« on: April 21, 2012, 03:23:10 AM »
Hello,

I seem to have the malware that causes the problem mentioned in the Subject.  I have been reading the instructions and posts, and will be attaching log files when I get enough time off from work to run the programs.  The reason for this post is to get a concise list of the log files needed.  What I've been able to pull out from the directions are the following logs:

Log from Malwarebytes
Log from OTL
Log from aswMBR
Log from Rogue Killer

I have all these programs ready to run, but my days are starting VERY early and finishing late at night.  On Monday (4/23) I will run these programs to get the log files.  Are there any other log files needed for the initial run?

Thank you for your assistance,

DBSDriver

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Malicious URL Blocked
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 09:15:37 AM »
welcome to the forum DBSdriver.

those logs should be a good start for our malware expert to look at. So get them attached here when you have time to it. And one of the malware expert here will have a look at them and give you further instruction on how to proceed from there.

Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 01:40:32 PM »
Additionally could you post a screen shot of the Avast alert popup  ;D

DBSDriver

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 05:31:20 PM »
While in the midst of getting the scans done, I have a couple of questions.

1.)  While infected with this malware, is it ok to stay connected to the internet?  Are the messages showing that Avast is actually blocking malicious activity or are they bogus?  I am connected through a wireless home network, and only connected the wireless adaptor when I need to access the internet and email.

2.)  When I first was reading about this, I tried to run OTL and Avast popped up a message saying it was analyzing the program, and then the system crashed.  It worked OK in Safe Mode.  Don't think I kept those logs though - stupid me.  If it happens again, I will attempt to catch the message from Avast and see if I can catch a log from it; also, if it happens, shall I run OTL in Safe Mode and send that log?

I have attached a screenshot per your request.

Thanks,

DBSDriver

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 05:45:38 PM »
You right click avast tray icon and disable shields, then run OTL
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:47:34 PM by Pondus »

DBSDriver

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 06:11:03 PM »
Right clicked Avast Icon, disabled all shields, and OTL still crashed my system twice.  Shall I proceed with OTL in Safe Mode?

Incidentally, attached is my MBAM Log.  I had run it awhile ago (1 week) and cleaned up whatever it had found.  I can dig up that log if you would like me to.

DBSDriver

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 11:15:02 PM »
Yes try OTL from safe mode - if that fails

Download and Install Combofix

Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:
Link 1
Link 2

VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

* IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks

• When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
  • Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.[/b]
Notes:
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.
3.  If after the reboot you get errors about programmes being marked for deletion then reboot, that will cure it.

Please make sure you include the combo fix log in your next reply as well as describe how your computer is running now