Author Topic: Problem on Registering for FREE version.  (Read 12212 times)

tech27

Problem on Registering for FREE version.
« on: April 22, 2012, 07:36:59 AM »

Why can't I register for the free version??? I keep on clicking continue but nothing happens, but when I choose the paid one it directs me to avast site, but I just want the FREE version and it won't let me register.  :( :( :(

I keep on clicking 'continue' still nothing happens, really need help on this.  :( :( :(

tech27

Re: Problem on Registering for FREE version.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 07:43:25 AM »
I've done a REPAIR and UPDATE but still the problem persist ;(

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:44:58 AM by Asyn »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

andydepressant

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 05:38:14 AM »
I have the same problem and I can't see how that link helps at all. If I didn't have an internet connection how could I report the issue in the first place?!

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 06:21:47 AM »
@andydepressant: u can get a free license key for avast free from the website...instead of within avast graphical user interface. thats the difference.

tonyyates

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 08:33:43 PM »
@andydepressant: u can get a free license key for avast free from the website...instead of within avast graphical user interface. thats the difference.

Got this problem too.  Hope someone upstairs is listening.   My system XP SP3 default browser FireFox 11.0,  Chrome installed 18.0.1025.162 m

Anyway thanks AntiVirusASeT for pointing the alternative.

Hellion

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 04:39:03 PM »
Hi,

I've seen this multiple times when installing Avast! for friends and family.

Everything worked fine before this "continue" button thing.

I'm now forced to do offline activation which is tedious and annoying.

alan_philp

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 07:31:27 PM »
I suspect it's a ploy to get people to buy the full version. All three of the payment options work perfectly... it's just the free option that doesn't work. If you demand people register by email (unlike every other free av provider) that's fair enough, but don't offer an instant registration option that doesn't work  >:(

Prof

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 09:10:20 AM »
I have recently been having problems registering Avast Free on client PCs.

Last week I "converted" another client to Avast, only to find that the registration page had changed, and that the "continue" button wasn't working. Having told my customer what a great product Avast was, this was slightly embarrassing. Having had this problem on the odd occasion in the past, I explained that it was probably just a server error, and that it would probably work in the next day or so. Yesterday I installed Avast on a neighbour's laptop after replacing the LCD panel. Again, the "continue" button didn't work. In the end I carried out an email registration for him, which reminded me of much earlier versions of Avast. I am now wondering if existing users of Avast Free will have this problem when they come to re-register after 12 months.

I understand that Avast Software is a business, not a charity. However, I assume that the Free version is provided as a huge advert for the paid products. It doesn't create a very good impression on potential customers when they encounter problems early on with a product. If Avast Software don't want to continue providing a free version, then I suggest they stop doing so, instead of being "underhanded" in trying to get people to pay.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:20:40 AM by Prof »

florin752010

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 09:35:07 AM »
Yes , i have same problems with Avast Free. That is not good for Avast. Some clients migrate to MSE or Avira for that.
30 days for a free security ? not correct. For 30 days , i will install Kaspersky or Bitdefender trial , and this is much better than Avast anyway. Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 trial = 30 days , same Avast Free.  Why should I choose avast ?
Make 365 days registration , or install Kaspersky Internet Security. Is the top.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 09:57:56 AM »
i am sure its just a bug...not avast not wanting to provide free software...there are bugs present in all kinds of software and the forum users represent a very small % of avast users.

that said, i hope they solve it in the next minor version update.

@florin752010: please look at the posts before urs before making such unfounded claims.

florin752010

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 10:06:18 AM »
yes , ok , but this is correct registration ?   

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

florin752010

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 10:16:07 AM »
I register , but is totaly INCORECT. This is a Fake ?             

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 10:32:02 AM »
could u post the english version of avast in ur screenshot? (the 2nd screenshot is not in english).

what do u mean by incorrect?