Author Topic: Random BSOD since upgrading to v7  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Bowdon

Random BSOD since upgrading to v7
« on: April 22, 2012, 10:40:00 PM »
I posted last month about BSOD and though the problem then seems to have been solved I still get random BSOD's of death ever since upgrading to v7.

Today avast loaded with the ! on the avast icon saying i wasnt fully protected.. so i clicked on the icon to open up the menu screens, went to select some options and it BSOD'ed on me.. so it rebooted and everything booted up fine, avast was fine too.

A repeated question asked on here when people have problems and who've answered yes to having previously had avg on their system is, did you use the avg remover before installing avast?

I admit that I havent used any avg remover, just the regular uninstaller of avg, and wondering now if maybe this is the source of my conflicts.. so I used to have avg 9 on this computer.. I'm assuming I can still use the avg remover while still using avast? If so, can someone point me to which program I need to download to remove the reminants of avg from my computer.. thanks.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Random BSOD since upgrading to v7
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 10:44:15 PM »
run and reboot - Uninstallers – Security Software - AVG is Nr #02
http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/

remeber AVG has a 32bit and 64bit remover depending on what OS you have
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:46:00 PM by Pondus »

Offline Bowdon

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 11:52:42 PM »
run and reboot - Uninstallers – Security Software - AVG is Nr #02
http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/

remeber AVG has a 32bit and 64bit remover depending on what OS you have

I've got 32bit win xp pro.. so I'm assuming I have to use this one: AVG Remover(32bit) 2012
(avg_remover_stf_x86_2012_2125.exe) ?

I'm just making sure as I know these anti-virus programs are heavy duty programs so dont want to make a mistake.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 12:02:18 AM »
well you click the red ( Tool (32bit) ) link there and then you should recive the correct one