Author Topic: Problem with avast webrep  (Read 6668 times)

selen

Problem with avast webrep
« on: April 16, 2012, 02:00:07 PM »
Hi, since 4 day webrep doesn't work good on both IE 8 and google chrome 18.0.1025.162. The icons are disappeared and sometimes they are grey. It's very rare to see them green. Avast plugin is correctly installed and I have the some problem on all my 3 computers. Please help me, thanks.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:21:50 PM by selen »

selen

Re: Problem with avast webrep
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 05:15:55 PM »
no one can help me?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 05:33:10 PM »
Unfortunately I can't help as I don't use chrome, but there have been problems with chrome 18.0.x as some are so recent a release the webrep can't keep up to remain compatible.

You don't say what your OS is, but since you have IE8 that I would assume is XP as IE9 is the latest version in/for Vista and win7. If you have either of those OSes, I would upgrade to IE9.

I use IE8 on my XP Pro system and whilst I generally don't use IE8, a quick test shows the webrep working.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 05:57:27 PM »
i can confirm that webrep is working with latest chrome v18.0.1025.162m

the only problem is that script shield will not scan anything with latest google chrome.

i would recommend u to try a repair of avast

please report back :)

selen

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 06:09:33 PM »
I have windows XP pro and since this morning webrep works good on IE 8, but the problem on chrome still remains. I  tryed a repair of avast but nothing has changed...when I do a internet research I can't see the green icons nex to each web site

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 06:14:11 PM »
what about along the extensions corner of google chrome (the top right hand). is webrep greyed out or lighted up?

edit: noticed that the webrep icons beside each web link is not there but at the top right hand corner, it is lighted up for most websites i go to (eg. green)

edit 2: webrep shows up beside the web links in search pages for both firefox and internet explorer 9
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:30:24 PM by AntiVirusASeT »

selen

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 07:12:05 PM »
what about along the extensions corner of google chrome (the top right hand). is webrep greyed out or lighted up?

edit: noticed that the webrep icons beside each web link is not there but at the top right hand corner, it is lighted up for most websites i go to (eg. green)

edit 2: webrep shows up beside the web links in search pages for both firefox and internet explorer 9

I try to explain as my best what's happening with webrep on my browsers. As you say, with google chrome I don't see the lighted icons beside each web link, but when I open a web site I can see the green icon at the top right of the page. With IE8 and firefox, which are my other two browsers,the situstion is different, because I see the lighted icons both beside each web link and at the top of the page, when I open a web site. I can't understand what's the problem with chrome....Hope I have explained well my problem and thanks for your help

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 03:50:30 AM »
@selen: try searching with google chrome today. webrep is now showing beside each web link of the search pages.

as noted, yesterday, i was also facing the same problems as u (webrep not appearing beside search results)
in spite of a reboot, the problem still existed previously.

however, today the problem is solved on my side.

do post back.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:54:47 AM by AntiVirusASeT »

selen

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 01:29:00 PM »
@selen: try searching with google chrome today. webrep is now showing beside each web link of the search pages.

as noted, yesterday, i was also facing the same problems as u (webrep not appearing beside search results)
in spite of a reboot, the problem still existed previously.

however, today the problem is solved on my side.

do post back.

Hi, I'm using chrome right now and unfortunatly te problem persists on my side. Webrep icon appears at the top right of the page when I open a web site, but I don't see the lighted icons beside search results. On IE8 and firesfox all is ok. I'm italian, so could the problem be linked to italian servers?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:37:24 PM by selen »

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 02:02:54 PM »
just tested again, the problem is back on my side too.

i guess this needs some avast developer input  :)

selen

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 02:33:25 PM »
just tested again, the problem is back on my side too.

i guess this needs some avast developer input  :)

ok, I'll wait till someone in the avast team will solve the problem, thanks a lot again for all your help, now I'm quiter :)

pegnasco

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 01:12:47 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(Bonjour
J'ai le même problème. Les "barrettes" Web Rep n'apparaissent pas ...
J'aimerais bien que AVAST fasse le nécessaire pour avoir ces barrettes vertes avant d'ouvrir les sites avec CHROME...
A noter qu'avec Internet explorer il n'y a pas de problèmes
Merci d'avance

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 01:14:45 PM »
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(Bonjour
J'ai le même problème. Les "barrettes" Web Rep n'apparaissent pas ...
J'aimerais bien que AVAST fasse le nécessaire pour avoir ces barrettes vertes avant d'ouvrir les sites avec CHROME...
A noter qu'avec Internet explorer il n'y a pas de problèmes
Merci d'avance

Please post English here..!! ;)
Else: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=23.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0