Author Topic: Apply Action button freezes  (Read 4434 times)

solidsamurai

Apply Action button freezes
« on: April 20, 2012, 07:47:10 AM »
So, the scan comes through and it says that it has detected suspicious programs.  I want to move it to the chest, but the apply button is frozen. 

So, I've got no way of telling if the action has been applied, or the button has frozen for no reason.

So... help?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Apply Action button freezes
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 07:54:52 AM »
what program is detected...
where is it located?
what malware name does avast give?
....and since you say suspicious..i guess there is no malware name, was the message from sandbox ?

can you attach a screen shot
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:30:56 AM by Pondus »

solidsamurai

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 08:09:45 AM »
I don't know how to bring up the dialogue again.  Guess I'll have to wait for another scan.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 12:28:09 PM »
Go to the avastUI, Scan Computer, Scan Logs and open the last scan log.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

jessieavfor

My Action button freezes too and I have a screenshot
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 07:21:16 AM »
The same thing happens to me. Here is a screenshot of the scan results from my last scan with Action button frozen:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 02:10:05 PM by jessieavfor »

solidsamurai

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 07:29:33 AM »
Alright, but I don't know how to fetch screen shots after I ctrl print screen.

jessieavfor

My Action button freezes too and I have a screenshot
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 02:08:50 PM »
Hi, samurai, sorry I didn't make it clear I was not helping you, but appealing myself for help with what I believe is the same problem. I'd solve yours if I could solve mine.

I did know how to create a screenshot and post it as someone who seemed to want to help asked, so I thought that would further both of our getting help with the frozen Action button, which can be seen in my screenshot.

(If we don't get any answers I will create a new topic saying I have a frozen Action button and a screenshot of it, that the helpers may come to us with their wisdom. :)

iroc9555

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 03:14:54 PM »
Alright, but I don't know how to fetch screen shots after I ctrl print screen.

See if this helps.

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows

After you got your screenshot, save it as .jpg or .png that way the image would be small size. When writting to the topic look for " Attachments and other options " in blue at the bottom of the text box to your left

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 06:53:05 PM »
jessieavfor: The is no malware detected in the screenshot you posted - that's why the actions (e.g. to remove the files) are not available. Neither of the results you see mean that the file is infected, so you shouldn't remove them.
However, the first three lines in the results indicate that you have a problem with your hard disk - I suggest to quickly back up your data and purchase a new drive, before this one dies completely.

jessieavfor

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »
Thank you, Igor. Someone else had also just answered me by redirecting me to another post of yours making the same point; between the two, I may actually get off my b-tt and avoid hard-drive catastrophe rather than curse it.

Are there any tips that someone forced into the computer age mostly by peer pressure would find useful when trying to back up their hard drive?
 I'll Google "how to back up a hard drive."  (Yes, that really is how we Luddites keep the hamsters running in there.) But  mortality still seems unacceptably frequent -- heat prostration? They really should give the poor criitters AC instead of just a fan to blow hot air back at that wheel.
 Similarly, perhaps there's a secret, superior solution to hard-drive backup the powers-that-make-computers know will delay their planned obsolesence or something. ? :)

solidsamurai

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 12:27:07 AM »
Here yah go.

iroc9555

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 12:45:52 AM »
Solidsamurai.

No to worry those files belong to Avast!. They are shown because you must be scanning memory or changed the report file. Also " the path is not found " because they were remove by the new update thus unable to move to the virus chest. Of course being also in memory make it impossible to move to the virus chest or eliminate them. BTW never eliminate a file detected by Avast! or any other security program. First make sure it is really an infection or a false/positive.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 12:49:07 AM by iroc9555 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 01:35:06 AM »
No it isn't because 'Solidsamurai' is doing a memory scan.

- Nothing to worry about, those are are files in old virus definitions folders and avast is doing some housecleaning to keep the size used on the hard disk to a minimum. This just happens to have occurred between the time you started the scan and it reaching that old defs folder.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

iroc9555

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 02:34:45 PM »
No it isn't because 'Solidsamurai' is doing a memory scan.

....This just happens to have occurred between the time you started the scan and it reaching that old defs folder.

Learning every day.