Author Topic: Not receiving streaming updates  (Read 1780 times)

nessa_p

Not receiving streaming updates
« on: April 27, 2012, 09:00:25 AM »
Hello,

I have seen this posted before, but as I have gone through about every step I can think of to resolve the issue and have been unable to, I'm deciding to start a topic as a last resort. I've gone through the forums and read every related topic, but I can not seem to get my streaming updates to work.

First, some history.

I have Avast 7 and I am always updated to the latest program and virus definition version, as I have updates set to automatic. Streaming updates was working marvelously until about two weeks ago when Avast detected a win32: malware gen in my Adobe folder. I was able to move this to the chest with no problem. I scanned again and the scans have been clean. They still are.

The following day I restarted my computer to find the streaming updates saying that it was "enabled" and "connection established" but still showing an update from yesterday in the "updates recieved" section. I thought this was a glitch, so I ignored it. I waited a week and still the same thing. I scanned multiple times and Avast can't find anything, so I am hoping it is not a virus. I was still receiving virus definiton updates without a problem.

I decided to uninstall/reinstall last week, and for the day of the reinstall, streaming updates worked fine. The update recieved section was showing recent updates. Still receiving definition updates without a problem.

Now, 7 days later, I have the same problem again with streaming updates. It says "enabled" "connection established" but still displays the last time it received an update, which was the 20th. I also keep losing the connection. No problem with definition updates however, and I have the last update 120426-1. I have tried disabling and enabling streaming updates with no effect.

I am wondering that since my computer can often go days if not weeks between being used, is this causing the problem? Every other computer in my household, which is used more frequently, is not having this issue.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled and would hope to not have to do this again.

I'm using Windows 7 on a 32 bit system.

I appreciate any help.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Not receiving streaming updates
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 03:01:59 PM »
I am wondering that since my computer can often go days if not weeks between being used, is this causing the problem?
It shouldn't have any impact on that. There were some connection issues with avast account last week/days.
But the account is not related with the streaming updates.
Mine is working on Win 7 32 bits also.
Maybe repairing your installation by Control Panel.
The best things in life are free.