Author Topic: Can I pre-register a site so it wont be blocked in the future?  (Read 2178 times)

howardsims

We are a marketing company developing apps for people to download to their phones, tablets and PCs which will track their usage of apps and websites and report back to use for use in marketing studies. We pay people for allowing us to do this and add incentives based on the amount of data we receive from them. This is all above board and our panelists can opt out at any time.
As this comes across as big-brotherish to some, we want to proactively have our metering apps and websites (we have a recruitment website where we invite people to join, a website where people can cash in their incentive points and websites for the meters to dump their data nightly) whitelisted. Is there a way to whitelist our sites before we launch?
One final note, inclusion into this program is by invitation only. Only those individuals that have previously completed one of our paper surveys are invited to join.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Can I pre-register a site so it wont be blocked in the future?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 08:40:15 PM »
The short answer I think would be no (although I'm just an avast user), as far as I'm aware there isn't a site whitelist infrastructure.

There would be no guarantee that a site would remain infection free in the future, so a whitelist could leave people vulnerable.

If as you say 'this may come across as big-brotherish to some,' that isn't necessarily going to be interpreted as malicious.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Gargamel360

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 10:38:08 PM »
Just to add to what DavidR said, your experience might be that some security solutions often flag AD tracking and such as malicious.  Avast! is not one of those.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 05:48:03 PM »
There isn't a whitelist, only a blacklist.
The way is keeping your site always clean :)
The best things in life are free.