Author Topic: Avast 7 Free - slows down internet surfing on specific websites  (Read 1952 times)

ChristianBE

Hi there,

I have been a happy user of Avast Free antivirus for a few years now.

Having updated to the new Avast 7 version, pages of one specific website now load really slowly while the rest of the web is pretty fast as usual.

When I disable all Avast agents, connection to that website gets more fluid, so I think there is an issue somewhere within Avast.

As I'm the webmaster of that website, I can tell there is nothing suspicious to download from there. But, as this is the only website I have problems connecting to with Avast loaded, I assume there may be other users with the same issue on that very same website. Which is ... not acceptable to me :-(

Can you help me with this issue?

The website in question is www. andenneinfo .be (I added spaces as this is not an attempt to get free links).

Thanks to anyone who'll help me solve this!

Gargamel360

Re: Avast 7 Free - slows down internet surfing on specific websites
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »
It is loading fairly quickly for me at the moment.

urdrwho

Re: Avast 7 Free - slows down internet surfing on specific websites
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 12:45:27 PM »
I was having terrible problems with internet speeds.  I had to disable web shields and that fixed the internet problem.   But that makes another problem....no shield while surfing on the web.  For me it isn't a big deal, I normally go to the same sites, only download work related things and have minimal risk.  My 18 year old son would be high risk becasue he is all over the net, downloading from different new sites.  So on his computer he would need full shields.

There is no such problems with my XP laptop but the WIN 7 desktop, I had to disable the shield.  The choice was 7>8 meg DL or 25 meg DL speeds.  I chose speed.

Hi there,

I have been a happy user of Avast Free antivirus for a few years now.

Having updated to the new Avast 7 version, pages of one specific website now load really slowly while the rest of the web is pretty fast as usual.

When I disable all Avast agents, connection to that website gets more fluid, so I think there is an issue somewhere within Avast.

As I'm the webmaster of that website, I can tell there is nothing suspicious to download from there. But, as this is the only website I have problems connecting to with Avast loaded, I assume there may be other users with the same issue on that very same website. Which is ... not acceptable to me :-(

Can you help me with this issue?

The website in question is www. andenneinfo .be (I added spaces as this is not an attempt to get free links).

Thanks to anyone who'll help me solve this!