Author Topic: READ BEFORE PAYING FOR "TOTAL SUPPORT"  (Read 4197 times)

larkar

READ BEFORE PAYING FOR "TOTAL SUPPORT"
« on: December 02, 2013, 09:33:20 PM »
Paid for "Total Support" yesterday... no help, still have the same problem.  Today I called the phone number given numerous times... after waiting the "28 minute wait time", then the "32 minute wait time", and so on.... at the end of the wait times they just drop my call.   After 2-3 hours of this I finally get through to a tech person who won't assist unless I pay again!!!  Then he tells me I have the wrong tech support dept. anyway.  I have been on hold at the new number he gave me now for 55 minutes.  I'm sure my post will be deleted shortly.

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: READ BEFORE PAYING FOR "TOTAL SUPPORT"
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 09:35:51 PM »
You are not the first one to complain.

Avast Support is made external, not by Avast itself.
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 09:46:13 PM »
we may be able to help you here if you tell us what the problem is ..... and it is free.   ;)

larkar

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 09:58:25 PM »
Well, I finally got through to someone who verified my information including "my callback number in case we got cut off".  After briefly getting into my computer and checking out the problem... the call went dead and he immediately ended the connection with my computer... and did not use the callback number.  Think I will dispute the charges on my credit card.  It's an outside source alright... everyone had heavy accents, very difficult to understand... English certainly wasn't their first language...and barely their second language. 

larkar

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 10:04:37 PM »
Pondus, I'm a real estate broker and since I installed Avast I have not been able to access the MLS website.  I'm out of business until this issue is corrected.  I have gone through everything with the MLS tech support and Microsoft's tech support and am being told it's due to Avast.

larkar

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 10:14:31 PM »
Thought I would correct something I wrote in my last post.  I said "after he checked out the problem.  Actually, it was before he even checked out the problem that he hung up on me and disconnected.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 10:18:46 PM »
Pondus, I'm a real estate broker and since I installed Avast I have not been able to access the MLS website.  I'm out of business until this issue is corrected.  I have gone through everything with the MLS tech support and Microsoft's tech support and am being told it's due to Avast.
does avast give any popups / error messages? ..... you may attach a screenshot

is it mls.com you have problems with?

larkar

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 10:25:00 PM »
It's nwa.mlxchange.com  I can get to the login screen okay but after I enter my pin I get an error message.  It appears to be a javascript error.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 10:33:02 PM »
if you right click avast tray icon and pause shields, does it work then?

larkar

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 10:38:07 PM »
Pausing shields doesn't help.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 10:45:22 PM »
You never specified which suite and version of Avast you were using... If using the Internet Security or Premier, try disable the firewall and then try.

If this does not work, I'd recommend a clean install of v9.

Once you have removed Avast, check to see if you can access the site, if you can, reinstall Avast. If you can't visit the site without Avast, it's got nothing to do with Avast.

I'd recommend a clean install of v9.

1. Download Avastclear, Rejzors uninstall tool and the appropriate Avast program edition

http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe
http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_pro_antivirus_setup.exe
http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_internet_security_setup.exe
http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_premier_antivirus_setup.exe

Avastclear : http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avastclear.exe
Rejzors Uninstall tool: http://rejzor.wordpress.com/avast-cleanup-tool/

2. Uninstall Avast by control panel  [If you don't have Avast in control Panel go to #4]
3. Uninstall in safe mode using Avastclear.
4. Run Rejzors Uninstall Utility in Normal Mode (removes traces avastclear doesn't) - reboot.
5. Install the version you downloaded.
6. Reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

larkar

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 10:59:26 PM »
Alikhan, I appreciate the information.  I will do just that and let you know how it goes.  Thanks again. 

ram1220

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 12:10:33 AM »
 Or you can go back to version 8. It works. Also these third party "techs" are scams. You should definitely dispute the charge with your bank.

dprout69

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 12:42:31 AM »
Just FYI... from the BBB

71 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 67 closed in last 12 months

And after reading thru some of them... a good deal are Total Tech Support.

They are giving you a bad name Avast