Author Topic: Registering avast! for Mac  (Read 9328 times)

zbd1984

Registering avast! for Mac
« on: May 05, 2012, 04:34:34 AM »
Unable to register my install.  This came up.  Help!

Offline krahulik

• Avast team
Re: Registering avast! for Mac
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 10:52:09 AM »
Hi,
  thank you for the post, what is your MAC OS version? For MAC OS 10.5, we have a bug that the registration cannot be performed from the main application. This should be fixed soon in the next program update.

Best Regards,
  Martin

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 01:40:22 AM »
I have OSX 10.7.4 and have created an account online. But when I try to register avast on my mac it gives the following error:
Failed to store a configuration file
Configuration file with avast! registration could not be stored (error 17).

I suspect it's similar but am wondering if the fix is coming soon. Will Avast stop working when the software says I have to register by?

jluis.miramontes

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 12:36:58 PM »
I've got the same problem when registring avast! for Mac with OSX 10.7.4

I have another computer with the latest releash of OSX 10.5, but I have not tried yet.

I will be waiting for the resolution of this problem!

Thanks

mustang64

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 12:49:24 AM »
Hi There,
I indeed had the same problem!  I had a heck of a time for register my Avast.  I found the biggest thing for me, (and my eyesight is not that bad) was the verification captcha, very very hard to read and get it right!  Like someone had posted before if you don't get it right it's all gone from what you typed before...that seems wrong to me... Cheers!
~Verne~

Dani_S

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 02:43:13 AM »
I have the same issue. Registered online but when I come to put my registration details in the app itself I get error 17. I need to register in 10 days apparently...can anyone help?
Cheers

amprenavir

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 12:20:14 PM »
Same issue here.

Offline mity

• Avast team
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 05:54:40 PM »
Hi, the latest program update (build 37028, released about an hour ago) provides many fixes relateted to the registration process. Can you please verify it has solved your issues?

Regards,
Martin

jluis.miramontes

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 06:50:59 PM »
Hi,

I've managed to register the program in two computers with Mac OSX 10.5.8 (before I could'n), but I still have the same problem with 10.7.4 (error 17).

Thanks for your help!

jluis.miramontes

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 02:08:33 AM »
Hi,

actually with 10.7.4 I cannot even upgrade the program. Currently I have version 7.0 (36770). Should I unistall?

Thanks!

Offline mity

• Avast team
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 09:50:01 AM »
Hi,

actually with 10.7.4 I cannot even upgrade the program. Currently I have version 7.0 (36770). Should I unistall?

Thanks!

Can you please provide more info? Ideally start the main app., choose the avast! >> Update... in the menu, if it does not work, expand the "Update Log" and post the output here, so we can see where's the problem.

Thanks,
Mity

jluis.miramontes

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 01:20:35 PM »
Hi,

my problems with avast and OSX 10.7.4 have apparently dissapeared. I do not know if this is related, but just in case I tell what I did. I was having problems starting my computer, and I was said to reset my PRAM (cmd-opt-P-R) to solve that --nothing related to avast, in principle--. After that I tried again and everything worked. The program was updated (now I have 7.0 37028) and I have registered my copy without any problem.

Thanks