Author Topic: Recommendation Re: reboot after Avast installation to install sound packs/voices  (Read 1719 times)

Ignotus

Hello, I have a recommendation for the page where you download the sound packs or voices at http://www.avast.com/fun. I just reinstalled Windows 7 x64 today and reinstalled Avast 7. I do not recall Avast requesting me to reboot following installation. I also don't see anything on the "fun" page mentioning that you need to reboot your system following the installation of Avast 7 before you can apply a voice pack. The last two times that I've installed Avast, I've wasted several minutes, perhaps an hour, trying to figure out why I can't get the sound packs to install. I've tried renaming them, associating them, searching the forums, searching the Internet, etc. I remembered having this issue the last time I installed Avast on my Win 8 CP install, but I couldn't remember how I resolved it. Turns out I resolved it with a simple reboot. The thing is, the first thing I want to do after installation is install the sound pack, but they won't install until you reboot and they aren't even associated with Avast until after you reboot. I think putting a simple message either below the download box or in the instructions on the "fun" page stating that you need to reboot after installing Avast before you can install the sound pack would have saved me a lot of hassle and may perhaps save someone else some headache. It seems like a simple fix and I don't see how it could do any harm. I may be in the minority though.   ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Thanks for the suggestion... Hope the webmasters are reading this :)
The best things in life are free.