Author Topic: Version 7 - OK I am done  (Read 10620 times)

Nesivos

Re: Version 7 - OK I am done
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 12:56:14 AM »
Not too far behind you on tossing avast to the side. I just recently bought 2 licenses for the pro version.  And I am on my second installation since my web browsing has slowed to a crawl on Windows 7 Pro SP1

This appears to be a common thing when I started researching it and reading posts here and on other forums about it.

At this point I uninstalled, used the aswclear app, now reinstalling but without WebShield to see if any difference.  If not, looks like I will be requesting a refund and moving on.  Never had this issue with the free version on Windows 7.  I thought I'd step up and support avast, but the pro version has issues apparently.

Disable Windows Defender

cjherlihy

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 01:07:08 AM »
Windows Defender service was running.  Per your response, I have stopped and disabled the service. Will see how it goes, just completed the re-install of Avast Pro.

cjherlihy

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 01:20:52 AM »
Ok, results...

Since I last posted which was not long ago at all, my internet speed is now back in full swing with WebShield and P2PShield disabled.  AND the Windows Defender service stopped and disabled on Win 7 SP1.  I don't P2P, and disabling the webshield is something I read a handful of times since I started troubleshooting the issue.  And yes, there was a BIG difference in speed since my last post.  Main browser is latest Chrome.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:24:52 AM by cjherlihy »