Author Topic: Cloud services work intermittently  (Read 1830 times)

Philbee

Cloud services work intermittently
« on: May 08, 2012, 09:59:31 PM »
hi.  i am running avast free 7.0.1426 on windows 7 home premium 64 bit, and i notice for some reason the cloud services seem to connect to the server intermittently.  yesterday they remained connected all day, today they remained connected in the morning, but in the late afternoon disconnected again.   is some sort of work being done on the cloud server?  if so, any estimate as to when it will be completed?

any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.  thanks in advance.  other than this intermittent connectivity issues with the cloud server, i am having no problems whatsoever with avast 7....knock wood!

Philbee

Re: Cloud services work intermittently
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 10:23:30 PM »
i just checked again and the cloud services are back online.  are they doing some sort of work on the server?

Gargamel360

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 10:27:03 PM »
You are not the first person to report this since ver. 7 was released.   So far there has not been any official response that I have seen, so we are left to wonder if it is a server or client problem, or if it is normal behavior.

Philbee

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 10:34:19 PM »
You are not the first person to report this since ver. 7 was released.   So far there has not been any official response that I have seen, so we are left to wonder if it is a server or client problem, or if it is normal behavior.

thanks for your reply.  i have done clean uninstalls/ re-installs of this version a couple of times, and i still get the same odd intermittent connectivity problems with the cloud server.  this leads me to believe (i hope) that the folks at avast headquarters are still doing some tinkering with the cloud servers.  i would also like to hear some news on what (if anything) is being done with the cloud servers, and when they will be finished. 

i also agree it could be normal behavior, but i am not sure.  hopefully an update is in the works which will solve this problem.