Author Topic: windows xp mode  (Read 2165 times)

jaduk

windows xp mode
« on: May 10, 2012, 06:36:58 AM »
i plan to install windows xp mode in my windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and was wondering if avast 7 will protect me or do i have to instal avast 7 inside xp mode too or will the free avast be enough? i was told that because i am only installing old xp games (a few multiplayer online) that i will not need protection as i am only installing games and nothing else and that windows xp's own protection is enough but i don't know if that is true or not.
thank you

bmgent

Re: windows xp mode
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 07:31:22 AM »
I have installed avast on my virtual version of Windows XP inside my Windows 7 (which also has avast installed on it). Some may consider this overkill but I believe it's worth it for me.

Another option: most virtual platforms offer something called a "snapshot" where it performa something like a backup of your system and saves it to your hard drive.   You could you take a "snapshot" of the virtual windows copy when you are finished installing everything. That way if you do get a virus in there you can just revert back to that version and delete the current one.

Hope this helps!