Author Topic: Unattended Scan ?  (Read 4986 times)

Offline Abraxas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Perseverance Furthers...
    • PCLinuxOS-Forums
Unattended Scan ?
« on: December 21, 2004, 08:47:42 PM »
 I've tried to read up on this, but aren't getting anywhere. When I do a Thorough scan , with avast! 4.5
Simple user interface, I feel I have to be 'there' ;  at the computer, so that if a virus is found I manually can take action. i.e. Repair, send to the chest,  etc.  Obviously the scanner stops and if I weren't there the process would just sit , waiting . Am I wrong? Is there such a thing as a unattended scan in the free home edition,  or do I  have to be around to hear the siren,  and respond accordingly ?  ???

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Unattended Scan ?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 10:06:01 PM »
You can schedule a scan with the taskmanager and ashQuick and use the apropiate switch(es).

Or,

you can wait for the first detection than put a checkmark in front of "do not show this screen next time", hit delete and on the next screen hit delete again.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 01:20:49 AM »
Is there such a thing as a unattended scan in the free home edition,  or do I  have to be around to hear the siren,  and respond accordingly ?  ???

No, only in Professional version.
In Home version you can only use Silent Mode:
Left click the 'a' blue icon.
It will start On-access protection

Click on Internet Mail and then on Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and select Silent Mode and the default answer No. This will send the file (email) to Chest.

Do the same for the and Outlook/Exchange plugin.
The answer Yes in Silent Mode keeps the virus in the file or into the message (attach) and continue the scanning. You can't configure 'delete the infected file' in the Home version.

You can do the same for Standard Shield provider, but it won't be a good idea...

In Home version there is a workaround with task schedule. Another user on this board has expalined how/what to do: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=3796
The best things in life are free.

Offline Abraxas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Perseverance Furthers...
    • PCLinuxOS-Forums
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 06:14:07 AM »
 :) Thankyou  Eddy & Technical !
When I posted this Question last night,  late ,  from Australia I felt like my eyes were about to burst into flames.
This narrows things down greatly.
Thanks guy's !   I'll ;)