Author Topic: Issues with Firefox  (Read 1836 times)

intisab

Issues with Firefox
« on: May 11, 2012, 06:03:29 PM »
Ever since i have installed the Avast Internet security, i have started  facing problems with my Firefox. after browsing for few a minutes firefox hangs and then my whole computer hangs all of a sudden. i usually do at least 2-3 cold reboots every day.

initially i am able to use the browser normally and can open multiple tabs but then suddenly when i open a link in a new tab, the browser hangs.

can some one help????

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: Issues with Firefox
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 06:08:25 PM »
Hello and welcome to the Forum!

First some questions:
Which OS? 32bit or 64bit? Which Service Pack?
Which AIS version?
Other security related software installed?

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

Nesivos

Re: Issues with Firefox
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:18:13 PM »
Ever since i have installed the Avast Internet security, i have started  facing problems with my Firefox. after browsing for few a minutes firefox hangs and then my whole computer hangs all of a sudden. i usually do at least 2-3 cold reboots every day.

initially i am able to use the browser normally and can open multiple tabs but then suddenly when i open a link in a new tab, the browser hangs.

can some one help????

Which version of Firefox are you using?
Are you using NoScript and other Firefox Add-On web content blockers.
What version of Flash are you using?

I have about 29 Add-Ons running with Firefox 13.0 Beta and Flash 11-3_p3 and occasionally get a freeze.  My guess is that is that is that it has to do with the script checkers that I am using which includes avast! AIS 7.  The reason I think that might be the case is the freezing as it were seems to occur mostly when I am visiting certain websites.   When I avoid those websites the problem is minimal and again probably related to some website in an open tab that I rarely visit.