Author Topic: Avast issues- video- uploader- problems-advice?  (Read 2201 times)

hsmama

Avast issues- video- uploader- problems-advice?
« on: March 21, 2011, 11:02:42 PM »
 hope someone can help....I've been running Avast (free) on my laptop for almost 3 years now with not too many problems- it's slower,and blocks some things I want to see.....but lately I can't see many things,like on Facebook-or youtube,I can't view videos at all- I get an error screen- I can no longer upload photos to a share site or to a printing site- what am I doing wrong?
   running firefox on Vista-
  I've tried options and allowing certain sites- tried checking the specific things it's blocking.....is this the Avast itself,or do you think I may have gotten a virus of some sort?
   this is our one comp. we use Avast with,and it's considerably slower then the others to boot up, come our of hibernation,etc etc. But I've never had a real problem till now. Thanks for any advice...

daphnep

Re: Avast issues- video- uploader- problems-advice?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 02:06:15 AM »
Hello.  I am new to the forums, and I am bumping this topic because I am having a similar issue. 

I am running Vista, 32-bit, Home edition, on a three year-old Lenovo laptop.  I upgraded my Avast! software a few days ago to Pro Antivirus 7.  Since then, I cannot view Facebook videos, Youtube videos, and basically most videos.  When I try to play my free Slacker radio station, I cannot hear anything.

I have displayed and flushed my dns, performed a netsh dump, cleared all my cookies and browsing history, etc., in the case that my laptop was the issue; however, this has not helped.  I have never had this issue before, either; this started the very moment I downloaded and purchased my new Avast! software.

I admin on a forum, edit for a website, and I attend college online.  Right now I am on break, which is fortunate, seeing as I cannot see videos.  Can anyone help me?  Has anyone had this issue as well with Pro Antivirus 7 and Windows Vista, Home, 32-bit?  I will be popping back in during the day, as I work a bit online, and I do hope that someone can help me.

Oh, and while I operate a computer well enough for moderating and the like, I have not yet taken classes in registry or any type of hardware in school.  I am quite the newb.  You may need to lead my by the nose to fix things.

Thanks so much.

daph

daphnep

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 04:06:21 AM »
I would like to add that upon advice I disabled all shields to see if I could view the material, and after deleting cookie and viewing the items fresh I still cannot view them.  I have no idea what to do now.

Please advise. 

daphnep

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 04:44:02 AM »
Well, it seems that I may have found the issue!

According to the latest Adobe Flash Player, my Realtime was set to enable browsers to download videos or use videos via its own application.  Once I removed that possibility I was fine.  I believe I had to install Realtime last week in order to view some homework.

I would say thanks to anyone who replied, but no one replied.  :'(  Off to my slacker station!