Author Topic: System not starting properly after upgrading to AIS 7 from Free.  (Read 7028 times)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: System not starting properly after upgrading to AIS 7 from Free.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 07:45:54 PM »
My new "upgraded version" (w/ cd backup) never installed and I was asked to register for the free one, tried all night to get the installer to work..no dice, so I gave up and installed the free one again, to avoid being without virus scanning (I got a Trojan under the first free one)...I have no desire to mess with computers, so I paid someone else to do it..apparently not...I cannot log into support and submit a ticket as I cannot register....what do I do now, or should I call my credit card and cancel that $39.99 and go with another company entirely?

Please start your own 'new topic' rather than hijack other topics and we will try to help you.

Your other post has received answers, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=98278.msg783752#msg783752, but no response from you.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

daiyousei

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 05:14:23 AM »
Back again. Seems like that one success was a fluke. After shutting down the computer for the day and turning it back on later the problem starts up again.

daiyousei

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 08:23:36 AM »
Another Note: Seems like it is something within the Avast FireWall component that causes it.

I reinstalled AIS 7, Chose "Custom Install" and installed without the firewall. have rebooted the system repeatedly and have yet to experience any problems.

Though due to the damage done by all the hard restarts I'm going to reformat my computer.

EDIT: Computer reformatted. AIS 7 now installs and works properly. May close.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:54:22 AM by daiyousei »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 11:51:20 PM »
EDIT: Computer reformatted. AIS 7 now installs and works properly. May close.
Well... you've taken a hard way, although I'm glad everything is working now.
The best things in life are free.