Author Topic: Need to know certain anti theft features well  (Read 2334 times)

kach

Need to know certain anti theft features well
« on: May 15, 2012, 04:51:01 PM »
Hi,
I am a new user of Avast MS and i feel it's better than the apps i used before. It seemed to have less load on the battery of my HTC EVO 3D. Now i need to know certain features of anti theft that i am not so sure in Avast but was sure in Lookout or netqin.
1. If my phone is stolen, it is very likely the phone will be switched off instantly. How do i then send sms to the phone?
2. What happens when a new sim card is inserted? i guess an sms will be sent to my mobile revealing the new sim number. Does it works actually?
3. If it works then should i send the lock or other commands to the newly inserted sim number?

I would really appreciate the answers to my questions.
I would also like to add that Avast should work on using a web based phone locator in case of difficulty sending sms with second or third phone. That should make this app a brilliant one, way way better than lookout or other phone locator apps.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Need to know certain anti theft features well
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »
Hi,

1) You just send it and it will be delivered next time the phone gets turned on.
2) Your friend numbers will receive a message with the new number. Yes, it does :)
3) Yes, you should issue further commands to the new number.

Web portal is a work-in-progress :)

Filip