Author Topic: avast with outlook : how to set up automatic deletion ?  (Read 4193 times)

log88

avast with outlook : how to set up automatic deletion ?
« on: December 21, 2004, 01:37:58 PM »
Hello,

I've been using avast home edition for about 2 weeks. I have tried to find an answer on this forum but didn't find it.

Could someone plese help me ?

Everytime I have a spam infected I have press on the Delete button then press on the confirm button. Is there a way to have Avast do it automatically. On mondays, when I open my mailbox, I usually have about 40 to 50 infected mails. And these "delete / confirm" are quite time consuming.

Thank you for your answers.

Log88

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:avast with outlook : how to set up automatic deletion ?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 01:41:33 PM »
I'm not using Outlook and not Internet Mail provider,but i think both should have function called "Silent Mode".
Enable it and select general answer "No".

This won't delete infected attachements directly,but it will remove it from messages and place it into avast! Chst (Quarantine).
You can then later delete them from chest when you doublecheck them.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 01:44:50 PM »
Automatic deleing infected mails is not an option in the Home version of Avast. You can however, set Avast to work in silent mode and have the mails automaticly moved to the chest.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 02:34:35 PM »
Hi, welcome to the forums.

If you are regularly getting these infected emails, so as to be intrusive and not wanting to be notified about them, perhaps it is time to review your PC security. Rather than treat the symptoms, treat the disease. You can intercept these emails at source (your isp/services mail server) and delete them there, rather than download them.

I use MailWasher Pro, although it is primarily for Spam it is also easy to deal with suspicious emails. There is a free version, but this only works with a single email account. The Pro version works with multiple accounts.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The best things in life are free.

techie101

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2004, 06:34:56 PM »
log88,

Avast will not arbitrarily move email to the chest unless the mail IS indeed infected.

Outlook Express has the option to set rules for email.  Once set up, the mail can be directed to a "junk" folder and then the entire contents deleted at one wack.....

or use a spamfilter such as K-9 or Spamhilator.

Good luck.  :D