Author Topic: Option to quarantine questionable item?  (Read 1604 times)

adelas

Option to quarantine questionable item?
« on: May 18, 2012, 05:54:41 PM »
Hi there.

Today after opening Outlook (which automatically retrieves my mail every 5 minutes), while doing something else, I got a message saying that something was trying to access my email messages, and did I want to allow that, because if I wasn't doing anything it could be a virus.

I wasn't doing anything related to email (not even searching), so I told it no. However, that was it! It didn't quarantine whatever was trying to access my mail folder, it didn't update the count in Behavior Shield nor Mail Shield to have 1 suspicious behavior, nothing.

Shouldn't that have been recorded somewhere? I would especially like to know if it was related to any websites I might have visited (eg I clicked a couple article links from facebook this morning) or whether it was embedded in an email or so on.

Is there something I'm missing, or does the program assume that because we stopped it before it happened, it doesn't count towards suspicious behaviour "happening"?

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Option to quarantine questionable item?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 07:59:40 PM »
Hey and welcome to the forum. you could check the logs for the shields in avast, there should be something there about your question.

load avast go the shields. From there go to behavior shield and click on the traffic log.

avast might have stopped it before it could do anything to your computer so t dident need to quarantine the item in question.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM