Author Topic: infected by unknown rootkit  (Read 16189 times)

hsn

infected by unknown rootkit
« on: May 19, 2012, 10:36:41 PM »
I suspect that my computer is infected by unknown rootkit because it is very slow. I was infected by rootkit 2 years before and it was also very slow.

When i run avast! and set rootkit detection to full, it will discover several files with text: Rootkit: Hidden file

when i run avast after boot, it discovers nothing, and malwarebytes quick scan also discovers nothing.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:44:03 AM by hsn »

hsn

Re: infected by unknown rootkit
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 10:40:16 PM »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 10:40:45 PM »
follow the guide here and attach (not copy and paste) logs from OTL and aswMBR
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

jeffce

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 12:11:58 AM »
Monitoring... :)

hsn

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 05:49:23 AM »
requested logs added to original post

jeffce

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 03:26:35 PM »
Hi,

Please download TDSSKiller.zip
  • Extract it to your desktop
  • Double click TDSSKiller.exe
  • when the window opens, click on Change Parameters
  • under ”Additional options”, put a check mark in the box next to “Detect TDLFS File System”
  • click OK
  • Press Start Scan
    • Only if Malicious objects are found then ensure Cure is selected
    • Then click Continue > Reboot now
  • Copy and paste the log in your next reply
    • A copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root of the drive (typically C:\)

hsn

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 04:42:41 PM »
TDSS found nothing

jeffce

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 10:20:59 PM »
Hi,

Please read through these instructions to familarize yourself with what to expect when this tool runs

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools.  Note: If you are having difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, or are unsure as to what programs need to be disabled, please refer to the information available through this link : How to Disable your Security Programs

• Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.  It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you.  Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Notes:

1.Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making I-E the default browser.
3. CF disconnects your machine from the internet.  The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run.  If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.
----------

hsn

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 02:45:58 PM »
here it is

jeffce

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 01:53:47 AM »
Hi,

Just a quick question before we continue...Are you aware your system is set up to use a proxy server?

hsn

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 06:29:57 AM »
Yes. I run Apache TrafficServer in VMware on desktop. I use it for about year.

jeffce

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 02:04:35 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for letting me know about the proxy.

• Please open Notepad (Start -> Run -> type notepad in the Open field -> OK) and copy and paste the text present inside the code box below:
Code: [Select]
File::
c:\windows\Tasks\SmartDefrag_Startup.job
c:\windows\Tasks\ASC5_AutoUpdate.job
c:\program files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5\ASCService.exe

Folder::
c:\program files\IObit

Driver::
AdvancedSystemCareService5
  • Save this as CFScript.txt and change the "Save as type" to "All Files" and place it on your desktop.

• Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before following the steps below. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
  • Referring to the screenshot above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe.
  • ComboFix will now run a scan on your system. It may reboot your system when it finishes. This is normal.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.
CAUTION: Do not mouse-click ComboFix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
----------

hsn

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 09:02:57 AM »
You want me to de-install Advanced System Care 5? I can do it more easily by its installation program.

jeffce

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 08:50:11 PM »
Hi,

If you want to uninstall it first that is fine but run the ComboFix script I gave you afterward anyway and then attach the new log made.  :)

hsn

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 08:44:09 AM »
here it is.

You think that it is possible to get this mallware removal done? Computer is so slow that it can not even play mp3 without breaking sound often.