Author Topic: Cannot connect to internet after running virus scan and even after uninstalling  (Read 56833 times)

Jroffman

ComboFix Log

megadude

Megadude...I only want to try if I know it applies to Windows 7

ye ok but it wouldn't hurt, would it?
using combofix is a serious choice btw

jeffce

Hi,

Great Job!  Looks like you were carrying the new variant of the ZeroAccess infection.  Starting to look better though, but we still have some work to do.  :)

I will return as quick as I can. 

jeffce

Hi,

@Megadude

Why do you say ComboFix is a serious choice?  Do you know about it? 
--------

On your keyboard, press the Windows Logo key and the letter R to open the Run command box.

Copy/paste the content in the code box below, into the Run box and click OK:

Code: [Select]
regedit /e "%userprofile%\desktop\netsvcslook.txt" "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Svchost"Allow it to run. It shouldn't take more than a minute to complete. A log will be produced on your desktop named netsvcslook.txt, please attach that to your next reply.

Jroffman

Here is the log file...

jeffce

Hi,
    Download the attachment I added to this response to your Desktop and then follow the instructions below.

• Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before following the steps below. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
  • Referring to the screenshot above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe.
  • ComboFix will now run a scan on your system. It may reboot your system when it finishes. This is normal.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.
CAUTION: Do not mouse-click ComboFix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
----------

Jim1cor13

Hi Josh

Here is another program that may be useful in dealing with connection issues due to
infections, etc., any reason that results in losing connectivity.

Site: http://www.datum-forensics.com/2012/06/complete-internet-repair/#more-217

From their site:

Internet or network problem after removing adware, spyware, virus, worm, Trojan horse, etc.
Loss network connection after installing/uninstalling adware, spyware, antispam, vpn, firewall or other networking programs.
Unable to access any webpage or can only access some webpages.
Pop-up error window with network related problem description.
No network connectivity due to registry errors.
DNS lookup problem.
Fail to renew the network adapter’s IP address or other DHCP errors.
Network connectivity issue with limited or no connections message.
Windows update does not work
You are having problems connecting to secured websites (ex. Banking).
Internet Explorer stopped working or crashes all the time.
Other networking problems.

Download link: http://www.datum-forensics.com/down/comintrep.exe

So far Complete Internet Repair 1.3.1.1315 is rated 9.7/10 which
just may be useful to you. It is good to continue with the Combofix that jeffce is helping you with.
It should assist in getting rid of any remnants of your current infection.

Please report back and inform us how you are doing.

All my best!
Jim
---

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:59:47 PM by Jim1cor13 »

Jroffman

Jeffce...

I ran it and it looked like it ran through but never produced a log...or not one that I could find.

jeffce

Hi,

There was not one created in the C: folder? 

If not go ahead and run ComboFix again....just a normal scan and attach the new log.  :)

Jroffman

Now when trying to run Combofix I get an error that says  error opening file for writing C:\32788r22fwjfw\pev.3xe (I ignore) and it continues with no log created...none in c: or c:\combofix

jeffce

Ok....

Please delete the current version of Combofix.exe from your desktop and download a new version from here to your desktop.

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications.

Right-click and Run as Administrator on the Combofix.exe and follow the prombts on your display. When finish, it will create a C:\Combofix.txt. Please post this log for further review.
---------

Jroffman

It is running now and I will attach the log when complete.  FYI, it did spawn the same error as listed above but I clicked 'ignore' and it is running now.

Jroffman

New log after process ComboFix completed its run.

jeffce

Did you download the attachment I gave you earlier and then drag it onto ComboFix to run?  It doesn't look like anything changed in ComboFix?

Jroffman

I will try again...When I dragged it over the window came up (white background with the text that quickly scrolls by) but then the blue screen never appeared like when combofix usually runs.  Did I need to drag the file then run combo fix...I thought that the act of dragging that file initiated the combofix run.

I can run it again this evening.  Just let me know if I am missing any steps.