Author Topic: Iyogi  (Read 2833 times)

leeflea

Iyogi
« on: May 20, 2012, 01:04:48 AM »
I am so hardly calm to contain myself but I'll try.
I was having some problems which ATT Support Plus couldn't answer so I chatted with IYogi. At the end of the conversation, I was pressured, heavily so, into downloading @Windows 7 for about $$175.00 whereas my installer is going to do if for much less. After all, he had his PH.D in comp. sciences/
This isn't the first time this strong arm approach has occurred and I resent the hell our of it. I''ve already payed over $165.00 for the services and have no idea of paying one more dime.
I'm at my wits end.. Might someone be kind enough to respond. After all, I can't reach the Avast Phone number.
Thank you,'Leeflee,.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Iyogi
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 01:27:19 AM »
Who recommended Iyogi to you? avast hasn't used Iyogi for some time now.
https://blog.avast.com/2012/03/15/iyogi-support-service-removed/

You haven't mentioned what problem(s) you need help solving.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 01:30:33 AM by Charyb »

leeflea

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 01:30:42 AM »
I was advised of IYogo when I signed up for Avast. It's merely that simple. But I warned the supervisor due to my standing that he really need not mess with me with these tactics. I wish furious could express what I'm feeling but it's over the top.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 01:33:32 AM »
Was this in relation to avast that you contacted iYogi ?

When did this happen as avast stopped using iYogi a couple of months ago (as far as I can remember) because of similar instances ?

This is what we were advising users if this happened before:
iYogie Issues - Adam Riley, riley (at) avast (dot) com Avast Third-party Support Manager, has requested info about iYogi, so if you have time to recount your experience (copy and paste your post, etc.), give the link to this topic.

So I'm not sure what is the case if avast are no longer using iYogi or if your contact with iYogi was using the old number, as it is no longer in the avast support section.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 01:35:12 AM »
Where did you sign up for avast? Iyogi support service was removed on March 15, 2012. As far as I know, this hasn't changed.

Adam Riley

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 09:09:36 AM »
Good morning,

You are correct that we stopped our relationship with iYogi a while ago.  Of course they are still running as a company, and anyone may choose to use/purchase their services, but we no longer have their phone number on our website or in our communication with customers.
It seems that the situation here is not connected to Avast, rather to AT&T and their support offering,.

Best,
Adam

grandmarachel

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 05:05:31 AM »
I was pressured into buying iYogi also.  I contacted Netgear and was passed off to IYogi, and led to believe my computer couldn't be fixed without iYogi.  I was on phone over an hour, stressed, and tired.  I used to be too smart for pushy sales technics; but computers return my mind to kindergarten mush.  I want to uninstall it. I don't know where it is. My computer is brand new. All I wanted was to use my Netgear on it. Now I have all kinds of problems. I am trying to get a refund. Has anyone gotten one? >:( :'(

Offline spi

• Poster
  • 1st Services
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 06:08:31 AM »
since the first time I meet the Iyogi, I know it will not have a good service management, no offense
all I believe could helping me in troubleshoot should be forum and asking uncle google ;p
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit + avast Premium 11.1.2241
Network tools: Wireshark+CACE Pilot | Android Softphone + Grandstream UCM61xx | MI4i | Running Out of Time (1999)