Author Topic: Adobe Flash not working when browsing with Firefox in the sandbox  (Read 3229 times)

virusinmyavast

This will be short because the long post I typed out was lost when I clicked submit without typing in the reCaptcha, which I didn't see from filtering cross-site scripting.

Anyway, after updating my Firefox to version 12 and updating my Flash to 11.2, I can no longer use Flash while my Firefox is sandboxed. Websites continously tell me to simply go install the plugin, however that would be futile within the sandbox, and even more puzzling, my Flash works just find when the browser is not being sandboxed. I have tried re-installing the plugin, uninstalling it completely from my computer and disabling it from my browser and re-installing it, all the fun stuff, and nothing has worked. Hopefully you guys can give me a little insight as to what's happening here. Thanks.

Windows 7/ FF 12 / Flash 11.2

Also: Is there a way to automatically sandbox flash drives? Thanks

MAG

Re: Adobe Flash not working when browsing with Firefox in the sandbox
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 08:49:11 PM »
I've never had the flash problem, but I have had other add-ons fail to load when browsers are sandboxed.

Clearing the sandbox  dedicated buffer storage usually fixes it for me.

I'm not on a windows machine just now, so I can't post a pic, but it is something like 'additional protection-sandbox-expert settings-browsers -clear dedicated sandbox storage'.

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 08:52:27 PM »
Have you updated Flash when Firefox was sandboxed?

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

virusinmyavast

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 10:08:59 PM »
-mag

My Avast is set to not store/cache any web browser files, so there isn't anything to clear unfortunately. Thanks though!

-djbone

My Flash plugin in the sandbox is already fully updated, and when I disable it or whatnot and restart my brower nothing happens because it was in the sandbox and the changes weren't applied. So it's becoming quite difficult to figure out a solution.

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 10:18:46 PM »
You could try to start your Firefox outside Sandbox to update/install Flash.

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

HDW38

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 10:46:17 PM »
Hi!

How about deinstallng Firefox, restart, download the newest Firefox (from 'mozilla'-Website), download the newest Flashplayer from Adobe.
I guess, that will do.
Please report again.

HDW38