Author Topic: Since installing Avast Premier 8 - I have no internet  (Read 1613 times)

visumax

Since installing Avast Premier 8 - I have no internet
« on: May 02, 2013, 02:01:38 AM »
I have been using avast for a long time. Recently (Sunday) I decided to upgrade from Avast 8 Internet Security to Avast 8 Premier. The install seemed to go fine; however, after opening the new installed version to confirm setting - my system froze solid. I thought ok, maybe it was some drivers I had updated earlier were misbehaving. I spent the entire day trying to figure out what drivers could be causing the problem. I even thought it was maybe a bios update I did on the same day.  After looking through my logs, I noticed it was only when my system accessed the network that it would freeze. I did not change my nic drivers. So, I unplugged my systems NIC cable and all the problems went away. I spent the entire day rolling back drivers etc. I never even thought it could have been Avast that was causing my problem since I have NEVER in all the years of using it had a single problem. I unistalled Avast 8 Premier and plugged back in my cable and installed Microsoft Security Essentials. System ran rock solid for hours. I then uninstalled MSSE and redownloaded Avast 8 Premier then installed and rebooted. Again the system freezes rock solid. I have done this multiple times so I know it is AVAST. My sons system does the EXACT same thing. He has since uninstalled Avast 8 and gone to MSSE. So what is the deal with AVAST? To say I am disappointed with the tool would be an understatement. I have gone through the forums; however, I have yet to find a way to address the problem. I like really like Avast; however, my loyalty is wearing then. I am to the point of just asking for a refund and moving on.  I am open to suggestions. I have yet to hear anything back from Avast tech support - makes me think they may be aware of a problem and have no answer.

Here are my specs:
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Intel Extreme 3.5Ghz
32Gig Memory
Vertex 512 SSD's
WD Raptors
EVGA 680 4GB Classified
EVGA 580 3GB Classified
Wacom 24HD and 3x24 LCD Monitors
Running under Windows 7 Ulitmate x64

Thanks in advance for any insight into this problem.