Author Topic: computer keeps restarting even with rescue disc  (Read 6556 times)

flashstarkwell

computer keeps restarting even with rescue disc
« on: May 23, 2012, 07:40:48 PM »
i've seen alot of topics on people not being able to do certain things with the rescue disc but i can't do ANYTHING. my problem with my compaq presario windows xp desktop is i was on the net one day and all of a sudden got a pop up talkin bout a corrupt file. don't ask me what file cuz i dont remember. restarted my computer and ever since whenever i start it up it gets past the compaq screen to the windows screen with the sliding blue bar and then restarts whether i choose safe mode, last known good config or whatever. so i get the rescue disc, put it in n start it, i go into the boot menu and select the cd rom which then sends me right back to the safe mode screen and again no matter what option i select it gets to the windows start up screen and then restarts again. i can get into the dos prompt screen but it only allows me to type in 1 character, none of which do anything. i've managed to get to the screen where i can select windows recovery console which then does a scan but finds nothing and then i have to manually restart. this is all very frustrating

emar1000

Re: computer keeps restarting even with rescue disc
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 05:59:33 PM »
I am having the same issue....I checked the files on the cd and there are "no" boot files or anything on the cd. Check the files on your cd and see if there is anything on it. Its like they are sending out blank cd`s.