Author Topic: avast installed in home  (Read 4203 times)

kentdgr8

avast installed in home
« on: December 23, 2004, 10:51:35 AM »
hi to all ....

how to update an avast if the internet is limited .. can i still use avast without much internet connection ... ????

Neron

Re:avast installed in home
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 12:08:38 PM »
Yes you can.Just need to update it when connected.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 03:35:58 PM »
Updates of the vps are incremental. Only the part that is new will be downloaded, so they are very small. No need for a lot of bandwidth. ;)

techie101

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 05:56:23 PM »
Neron,

I would recommend that you set Avast to automatically update the VPS and Program.  This way, Avast will always be up to date.  One of the best things about Avast is the Standard Shield which monitors your internet activity to PREVENT virus infection, and the Internet Mail module which scans email for you.

If you do not wish to be connected to the net, then Avast still monitors your computer, but the likely-hood of infection is minimal.  Avast will then protect you from viri that HAVE ALREADY been stuck in your putter!

What exactly do you mean by "internet limited"....
Do you mean "time wise"?
or "bandwidth"?

Either way, Avast uses only what it needs.

Neron

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 10:18:07 AM »
Techie 101 i think this was for kentdgr8 ;)

kentdgr8

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 07:41:42 AM »
Neron,

<snip>

What exactly do you mean by "internet limited"....
Do you mean "time wise"?
or "bandwidth"?

timewise .. because some of my friends internet connection is only on prepaid they are not yet into DSL so there are times that no internet connection, somtimes once or twice a week they can go online

galooma

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 07:50:34 AM »
if you have windows xp sp2 you might occasionally get notification that vps is out of date and red banners from avast telling you it cannot update but if you can put up with that or disable those features until you have stable connection it should be ok .
see  settings link in Technical`s signature for instructions on fine tuning avast
Good luck  ;)