Author Topic: I need help - js:redirector-uq trojan  (Read 7345 times)

Offline ladyjr

Re: I need help - js:redirector-uq trojan
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 02:27:13 AM »
Sorry - I wasn't clear. I'm talking about the "Deobfuscation results" section in the Wepawet and the "JavaScript" and "HTTP Transactions" sections for urlQuery. I don't know what file(s) they are referring to.

And thanks for all your help. This area is all new to me.

Offline ladyjr

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 05:15:00 AM »
Ok, here's an update on my issues with my site(s). I manually reloaded the latest version of wordpress, overwriting the files there. This got rid of most of the problems. Then it finally clicked - I had been looking for the actual code, not the crap code hidden in the eval that wasn't supposed to be there. Now, I've got to hit each php file and make sure it's clean.

Thank you to everyone who offered help to this lost soul. I will check here and post back once I have gotten thru this. I'm sure I'll have some additional questions before it is all over.

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 12:17:46 AM »
Hi ladyjr,

Do you still need help? ???

Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

Offline ladyjr

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 01:39:42 AM »
Hi Donovan,

Nope - all has been cleared up.  :D  After doing some research, I found a script on Sucuri that I could load into my root directory to clean up everything. I did that, and now all is clean. I have changed my security and will be keeping a sharp eye on everything. Thank you (and all the others) for all the help and pointers that you gave me. I have learned a lot and I am already helping someone at work with this information so she can avoid the problems I experienced. I will be visiting back here from time to time, hoping to give help back to some other lost soul.