Author Topic: problems with my new avast internet security 7  (Read 51586 times)

jeffce

Re: problems with my new avast internet security 7
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2012, 04:08:55 AM »
When Malwarebytes completes its scan a log will automatically pop up.  Just save that to your Desktop and then attach it here along with the ESET scan when you get that completed as well.  :)

bambibear

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2012, 04:56:33 AM »
yea, i feel dumb now.  i had just wrote that when malwarebytes asked me where i wanted it svaed to.  sorry.  eset still running, 42 %.  as long as it gets done soon, i'll send to you. :D

bambibear

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2012, 04:52:08 PM »
hi & good memorial day to you.  i ren ESET last nite, i can't find the log.txt anywhere.  it said there was no infections, but i can't find a log file.  i'm sorry.

enclosed is the malwarebytes log file.  thanks bunches 

i think i finally found the ESET, had to go the long, long way.  i hope i got it.  should be the second one.

jeffce

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2012, 11:09:32 PM »
Hi,

Both of those look good.  How is your system behaving?  :)

bambibear

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2012, 02:20:15 AM »
hi.  well restarted after a scan, all ok. 

when i went looking for the ESET log file, (had to open ESET in my computer & work my way to the log file,), something popped up & said that wasn't allowed.  it's done that twice today.

something with the new registry backup, also said it couldn't back the ?? whatever it was, up. did i mess up the ERUNT the other day when the OTL quit responding ?  after ITL automatically restarted, the ERUNT kept telling me, i think anyway, invalid file or couldn't find or couldn't back up.  it did this at least 7 times.  i just kept hitting the yes as it was highlighted.   did i do right or did i mess something up ?

other than those things, it's been ok.  got my emails & business taken care of.  avast has updated the virus ware at least twice today.

the only thing that makes me mad is when i restart, the norton online backup icon is still showing up in the hp advisor dock.  also, when i open the advisor dock, the a/v is yellow (avast isn't showing up) & the firewall is red (again, avast isn't showing up as the firewall).  i did turn off the windows firewall for the system, the public networks & the home or private networks both for the centurylink, when i got the avast internet security.    do these stay off ?

other than those, i haven't seen any wierdness yet.  thank you again.

jeffce

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2012, 04:00:46 AM »
Hi,

Ok let's fix up ERUNT...  You are getting the warnings about ERUNT because the UAC that is part of your operating system is not allowing it to run on startup.  We will shut that off and just run it ERUNT manually about once a week to back up your registry.  To turn it off do the following...

Go to Start >> in the Start Search bar type Run >> select Run when it populates above >> type msconfig >> go to the Startup tab >> uncheck any entry you see with ERUNT >> reboot your system and then let me know if the warning comes up.

Are you wanting Norton online backup??

bambibear

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 04:47:21 AM »
do i want norton ??  no way.  i've had norton; microsoft security essentials;  & several others.  right now i am very pleased with the avast, keep the avast !!!

oh, i forgot to tell you when i got the avast, first it downloaded as a trial even though i paid.  i came back the next day for the license, avast was running already.  i started checking out all avast offers on the desktop, not changing anything.  now, about 5 days ago, right before i got into the forum, i tried to look again at the settings.  i can't log in to anything with the password avast gave me, it says invalid password.  i changed my password for avast after i got the license, but it also is invalid.  am i not to look at any of the settings anywhere ?  in the shields, protection, etc.  will do the msconfig here shortly, about 10 min.  thanks again.  i'll be back.

jeffce

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2012, 04:54:22 AM »
Ok....let's remove Norton completely.

Download and run the tool here >> ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe and that should take care of all of Norton on your system.  Let me know how that works for you.  :)

bambibear

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2012, 05:24:04 AM »
hi  norton came up with the following:

DOCID: kb20090225161545EN_EndUserProfile_en_us
Operating System: Windows 7,Windows Vista,Windows XP
Last modified: 11/08/2011

yea, it woked !!!!  i didn't think it would show up, yippee !! 

ok, gonna restart now.  no problems when restarting after turning off erunt.  will return shortly

bambibear

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2012, 05:46:43 AM »
restarted, icon (size of the smiley face) still there, guess i'll keep moving it to the desktop.

adobe needed updating.  restarted, still there.  i really hate norton. >:(

no problems other than the others i mentioned.

i'll checkback here tomorrow.  long hot day here & i'm tired.  have a great nite.

jeffce

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2012, 01:47:29 PM »
Hi,

So when you say the icon is still there...you mean the Norton icon correct? 

Run a new scan with OTL.  Don't worry about checking LOP or Purity.  Attach the new log that is created and we will just manually remove what we find.  ;)

bambibear

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2012, 03:36:39 PM »
hi & good morning.  will run the OTL here shortly  sorry, yea the norton icon is still there. 

do you think maybe the avast license key i did wrong ?  the only reason i ask is this morning i tried to open the saved license & it still is asking for a password, & neither are working.

will return shortly.

bambibear

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2012, 04:02:47 PM »
ok, this is for the quick scan, not the full scan.  i've been doing the quick scan, so i hope it's right.

now, when i got the current forum message awile ago, the avast scan was running.  i tried stopping it & again it needed a password so i just restarted the computer, as the passwords aren't working.  just wanted you to know this.. 

bambibear

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2012, 06:23:04 PM »
i had avast do a quick scan, it showed no viruses, but said some files couldn't be scanned.  i picked the do nothing option as i didn't know what to do here.  trying to keep you updated as to what is going on, even if it's minor things.  beings how it's my birthday, maybe i can have a clean computer with no troubles today.  thank you for all the help mchain & jeffce.

jeffce

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2012, 06:35:39 PM »
Hi,

Well Happy Birthday!!  Hopefully we can get you finished up today.  :)

I don't see any entries for Norton showing in the logs. 

Follow the instructions I gave you to fix the ERUNT problem.  When you get to the Startup tab look for any Norton entries there.  If there are any uncheck them and then reboot your system and let me know if it is still popping up.