Author Topic: Strange Issue with Newest Avast 7 Internet Security  (Read 2044 times)

agentexeider

Strange Issue with Newest Avast 7 Internet Security
« on: May 28, 2012, 03:30:51 AM »
Greetings, I have been having an issue for the last month in fact, an issue, that because I couldnt track it down I've reimaged my machine like 4 times thinking it was at first HP updates, then WIndows updates, my tethering software. I finnaly figured it out, Avast 7, reasoning: I freshly reimaged the machine, and decided to try every program that interacts with anything with my network card. nothing was happening till i installed avast and BAM! it happened.

What occurs is that when my computer boots up and gets into windows, certain network related services try to launch, windows 7 apparently has a chain of services that are dependant on one another, so if the first service in the chain fails to start, then the next fails and the next, and so on.

What this does is pretty much locks up explorer.exe, it crashes, the process tries to restart, and goes through it all over again, in an endless cycle till I physically shut off the machine.

Now this is a FRESH image mind you, so default windows 7 and software. Once I uninstalled Avast 7, the network services started to function normally again and the computer worked fine. I have copies the logs attached to this post. Event ID: 7001, Service Control Manager was the source.  If there is any other information regarding my computer, specs, or otherwise that would help let me know.

EDIT: My Computer is a Laptop, Super-Portable, HP Pavilion dm4-2184nr, i have attached a Dxdiag so you can read the specs.

-AE

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 03:46:17 AM by agentexeider »

Tgell

Re: Strange Issue with Newest Avast 7 Internet Security
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 05:31:15 AM »
I don't know if this will work for you but I believe when you go into settings under the troubleshooting area, you can set it so avast services loads after other services.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 08:00:08 AM »
Have you completely uninstalled the AV that would have come preinstalled on the system new or other AV's you may have installed ? if you have uninstalled previous AV's then have you run the vendors removal tools to delet remnants ? many removal tools can be found here http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/ ( read the info first then run the tool )

agentexeider

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 11:30:37 AM »
Waaaaay Ahead of you, I found there was somethng called Microsoft Security Essentials, didn't know what that was, wow it sucks ass. seems to have solved the problem.

sorry to bug you guys about it, I didn't even KNOW microsoft eve made an antivirus.

-AE

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
Glad you found the problem :) the link i provided in reply 2 also includes an MSE removal tool which you can run to delet any remnants.