Author Topic: Requested log file(s).  (Read 6804 times)

UserA789

Requested log file(s).
« on: May 28, 2012, 09:05:18 PM »
To keep with support methods, I am uploading the logs of Avast right now.  They are as follows, even though I doubt anything will be found.  Support, please refer to several of my current threads for reasons.

20120528_1854_2752990974 - mini, basic info, log files, mini

20120528_1900_2752990974 - full dump  ::) , basic info, log files, mini dump

Both are the same size (517 KB).  Is that normal?

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Requested log file(s).
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 09:10:28 PM »
What about the logs that have been mentioned a couple times already? Virus and worms section -> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

UserA789

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 09:20:10 PM »
What about the logs that have been mentioned a couple times already? Virus and worms section -> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0
Do I really need to DL malware bytes or OTL :-\ ?

I will run the aswMBR ASAP, but Im not all that jazzed about all these other vendor products Im supposed to install in getting support for Avast.  Iv been using Avast for as long as I have due to its singularity approach but now thats all changed :P .  I can tell you right now that the links provided for MalewareBytes is suspicious, as its not the tools home page @ http://www.malwarebytes.org/.  While I use both the sites, I dont understand why the official site was not linked :-X... other than it may not have had the trial offer so those are where youd end up before anyhow I guess?

Also, will it matter that most the time Im in a standard account vs the admin account (which I am owner of as well)?  Im sure I need to run them from the admin account...  ???

Be back in ten minutes to give the other logs, would rather upload them straight to Avast vs someone here just trouble shooting their own exploits, do I just FTP em to the same ftp/incoming site?

(Im not saying thats whats going on but my G2 experience says its a great possibility)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:26:09 PM by UserA789 »

UserA789

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 09:30:24 PM »
As far as OTL... yeah, Id rather not; being I just got a warning from Windows.  Sure it seems like a benign warning but Imma choose on the safer side!!!

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 09:35:45 PM »
As far as OTL... yeah, Id rather not; being I just got a warning from Windows.  Sure it seems like a benign warning but Imma choose on the safer side!!!
I suppose you would rather leave malware on your computer??  You receive the warning because it is not commonly downloaded and because it is not digitally signed.

Just open a new topic in the viruses and worms section and attach the log files. The folks in this section are malware removal experts so whatever programs they recommend are safe.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:48:44 PM by Charyb »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 10:18:05 PM »
I can tell you right now that the links provided for MalewareBytes is suspicious
hmmm... so TechSpot and Majorgeeks are suspicious    ::)

yea....Essexboy probably try trick you to download some nasty program    ;D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:25:42 PM by Pondus »

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 10:24:03 PM »

@ UserA789
At this point you only have two options :
1. Follow the above instructions and received help.
2. Don't follow the instructions and expect to to talk to yourself because help will stop being offered.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 10:48:44 PM »

@ UserA789
2. Don't follow the instructions and expect to to talk to yourself because help will stop being offered.
+1
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

UserA789

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 12:10:09 AM »
I suppose you would rather leave malware on your computer??  You receive the warning because it is not commonly downloaded and because it is not digitally signed.

Just open a new topic in the viruses and worms section and attach the log files. The folks in this section are malware removal experts so whatever programs they recommend are safe.
Umm, I seem to remeber some basics on being advised to NOT DL files without a valid digital signature... dont know where you got your schooling.  To me this is like opening an email from someone I dont know.  If they dont have it to get their app signed then I question thier motives.  Yes, I know t can be expensive... but it shows copability and professionalism, as well as a slight measure of safetyness.
I can tell you right now that the links provided for MalewareBytes is suspicious

That is not at all what Im saying, but just like DL from CNET; files can be 'intercepted'.  Iv had multiple experince getting files the wrong szie, name, completly wrong file, etc.  So its more the offenders that I dont trust and understand they do things a lot of you would say could never happen.  Kinda like the DNS Malware server deal.

@ UserA789
Bob,

Why would I want help from people who treat others so rudely.  At this point in the game their is no denying corruption/infedction of my system.  No offense, but Im not looking for help removing, or even finding, whats wrong here.  When I have gotten enough information uploaded to Avast I will simply be scrubbing, reformating, and reinstalling.  I dont have anything on this machine I absolutely need to keep or dont have backed up.

My interest is to only provide REAL LIVE Avast technical support agents with any data that may help them discover what occured to let these things Iv been posting about occur.  With that being said, please understand its hardly personal... other than to those that have chastised, insulted, and degraded me.  Even Igor preemptivly jumped my sh@t but I assume he just didnt understand what I was doing and why I was reposting (was separating mutliple issues that honestly may all be related.)

I do thank you all for attempting to 'help' me clean whatever is doing this but Ill tell you Maleware Bytes said all was clean and good to go.  aswMBR didnt show anything I can see thats abnormal but will be uploading it to Avast Incoming.  If you are so inclined to help find what happened, then as a Uber user, maybe Avast will forward you the files Im giving them.

When we get some form of phone support back I will be using that.  Iv had to many issues on the ticket system already with agents not understanding AT ALL what was being asked and gave answers that had nothing to do with the question.

;D Thank you all for trying to help but you have misunderstood why im posting that Iv uploaded logs.  I am not seeking help in cleaning my system as that will be done thru garunteed measures.  I only want whatever is happening to be found by Avast Technical support so this product can be something I only have praise for again.

REALLY THANK YOU FORUM MEMBERS  ;D

Back on topic:  Avast Team, I have finally gotten the full dump  :-\ to create and upload.  It is called '20120528_2103_2752990974'.  I have also attempted to upload the files in my program data folder but for some reason only 8MB will rar up.  It will is named 'Avast User ########'; where the # sign represents my customer number.  I have also uploaded the aswMBR report and something that ended up being created that I will share here, its a text file created from a dat file called MBR that says something about no OS installed, if you can explain this please PM me???  I will upload the actual dat file also; as it may help.

Please leave this thread so if I need to update any file names to the FTP site I can and save any comments you may have for the individual thread your comment may deal with.  Again, thank you for trying.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 12:46:31 AM »

Umm, I seem to remeber some basics on being advised to NOT DL files without a valid digital signature... dont know where you got your schooling.  To me this is like opening an email from someone I dont know.  If they dont have it to get their app signed then I question thier motives.  Yes, I know t can be expensive... but it shows copability and professionalism, as well as a slight measure of safetyness.

That is not at all what Im saying, but just like DL from CNET; files can be 'intercepted'.  Iv had multiple experince getting files the wrong szie, name, completly wrong file, etc.  So its more the offenders that I dont trust and understand they do things a lot of you would say could never happen.  Kinda like the DNS Malware server deal.

@ UserA789
Bob,

Why would I want help from people who treat others so rudely.  At this point in the game their is no denying corruption/infedction of my system.  No offense, but Im not looking for help removing, or even finding, whats wrong here.  When I have gotten enough information uploaded to Avast I will simply be scrubbing, reformating, and reinstalling.  I dont have anything on this machine I absolutely need to keep or dont have backed up.

My interest is to only provide REAL LIVE Avast technical support agents with any data that may help them discover what occured to let these things Iv been posting about occur.  With that being said, please understand its hardly personal... other than to those that have chastised, insulted, and degraded me.  Even Igor preemptivly jumped my sh@t but I assume he just didnt understand what I was doing and why I was reposting (was separating mutliple issues that honestly may all be related.)

I do thank you all for attempting to 'help' me clean whatever is doing this but Ill tell you Maleware Bytes said all was clean and good to go.  aswMBR didnt show anything I can see thats abnormal but will be uploading it to Avast Incoming.  If you are so inclined to help find what happened, then as a Uber user, maybe Avast will forward you the files Im giving them.

When we get some form of phone support back I will be using that.  Iv had to many issues on the ticket system already with agents not understanding AT ALL what was being asked and gave answers that had nothing to do with the question.

;D Thank you all for trying to help but you have misunderstood why im posting that Iv uploaded logs.  I am not seeking help in cleaning my system as that will be done thru garunteed measures.  I only want whatever is happening to be found by Avast Technical support so this product can be something I only have praise for again.

REALLY THANK YOU FORUM MEMBERS  ;D

Back on topic:  Avast Team, I have finally gotten the full dump  :-\ to create and upload.  It is called '20120528_2103_2752990974'.  I have also attempted to upload the files in my program data folder but for some reason only 8MB will rar up.  It will is named 'Avast User ########'; where the # sign represents my customer number.  I have also uploaded the aswMBR report and something that ended up being created that I will share here, its a text file created from a dat file called MBR that says something about no OS installed, if you can explain this please PM me???  I will upload the actual dat file also; as it may help.

Please leave this thread so if I need to update any file names to the FTP site I can and save any comments you may have for the individual thread your comment may deal with.  Again, thank you for trying.
You need to pick a personality and stick with it. You have done nothing but waste the time of the people trying to help you.

You have insulted the helpers on this forum as well as avast employees. I hope absolutely no one on this forum continues to help you.

By the way, aswMBR.exe is NOT digitally signed so you can eat the BS that you are spewing!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:50:04 AM by Charyb »

UserA789

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 12:47:24 AM »
Okay... for those that want these; here is OTL and Maleware Bytes information.  I cant see anything out of the ordinary but go at it.  Other than that; Avast Technical Support Staff please review anything Iv uploaded but I dont expect the answer to be in basic things.  I would like to upload some large folders that Avast creates but cant seem to upload to you at anything near my available upload speeds. (ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming).

BTW... now all my internet settings seem to have reset.  IE autoform, google asking to be homepage, etc  ???

The following files are for Avast Community review, as maybe someone in the community can decide what went wrong, if anything is showing:

Attachment list:
Maleware Bytes Results
OTL Results
OTL Extra results

*** Note:  I have removed my computer name AND account names for protection.  They have been replaced by me with the phrase "REMOVED BY USER".  You would be surprised what one can do with that information...  ;)

UserA789

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 12:49:11 AM »

You need to pick a personality and stick with it. You have done nothing but waste the time of the people trying to help you.

You have insulted the helpers on this forum as well as avast employees. I hope absolutely no one on this forum continues to help you.

By the way, aswMBR.exe is not digitally signed so you can eat the BS that you are spewing!
Well, I didnt get anything from Windows warning me ::) when I DL it so please refrain from insults.  And Iv posted the precious logs so whoever wants to debug their lil exploit feel free.