Author Topic: License will NOT load  (Read 2432 times)

edda

License will NOT load
« on: May 29, 2012, 03:34:14 AM »
Paid for new, 2-year subscritpion. Email arrived with license file attached. Saved to desktop. Followed instructions in email about doubleclicking license file to insert license info. EACH time that I do, I get the popup that asks me if I want to add this license to my old account (which expires in 3 days), but does not list option for renewed account or have pull-down option for subscritpion other than the one that expires in 3 days.

Have tried several times to install license by double-clicking, but ALWAYS the same popup for the expiring license.

Last night, 4 day warning suddenly jumped to 0; when I opened it today, it was 0/Expired, then jumped back to 3 days.

Tried again today, but same story. 

Emailed request for resend of license, but no response after five hours.

Beginning to be very disappointed with the lack of Avast's customer service.

Any suggestions? 
Thanks in advance.
Edda

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: License will NOT load
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 03:56:46 AM »
You shouldn't need to email for a resend license, just use this web page - Resend avast License http://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php, you will need to enter the email that you used when purchasing the license, e.g. the one that the original email with the link was sent.

Quote from: edda
Saved to desktop. Followed instructions in email about doubleclicking license file to insert license info. EACH time that I do, I get the popup that asks me if I want to add this license to my old account (which expires in 3 days), but does not list option for renewed account or have pull-down option for subscritpion other than the one that expires in 3 days.

I'm not sure if this "if I want to add this license to my old account" in itself means add this license period to the existing one, e.g. extending it for another year, effectively renewing it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

edda

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 04:27:11 AM »
Thank you for your help.  Sorry for the lack of clarity.

Yes, I bought the two year renewal of my old license, but the pop up ONLY shows the old license date and ONLY allows me to choose to add the new license file to that subscription date. 

Thanks again for your help.

edda

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 04:29:59 AM »
Sorry again.  I am new at mesage boards.

I requested a resend early this afternoon, but still have had no response email from AVAST.  Just followed the link that you sent me for another request, still no response.

Am considering cancelling the subscrition that I purshcased yesterday and buying a whole new subscription. 

Thanks again for your help.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 12:26:06 PM »
The resend license should be an automated system, so shouldn't rely on manual intervention, so I'm not sure why you haven't received it.

Try contacting sales (at) avast (dot) com directly.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:28:08 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security