Author Topic: Thunderbird set-up  (Read 53044 times)

watchthisspace

Re: Thunderbird set-up
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2005, 01:07:38 AM »
and my hotmail

lee16

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2005, 01:08:32 AM »
The ports should be started in 'mrpostman' have a look, also i have asked technical if he can help, he knows alot about setting these accounts up.
But i have yet again ran out of time (1AM here  :-\), so i have to go again, sorry.

--lee

watchthisspace

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2005, 01:18:56 AM »
The ports should be started in 'mrpostman' have a look, also i have asked technical if he can help, he knows alot about setting these accounts up.
But i have yet again ran out of time (1AM here  :-\), so i have to go again, sorry.

--lee
What do u mean the ports should have been started in mrpostman?

lee16

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2005, 11:19:42 AM »
I meant stated, open up 'mrpostman', then click on one of the tabs, it should say accounts like gmail and hotmail down the side, it can provid certain info like ports that could be of help.

--lee

watchthisspace

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2005, 12:21:17 PM »
It doesnt tell me anything about the ports, just the version number of them

nestea5

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2005, 07:27:50 AM »
Hey i just set up my hotmail account and I cllicked get mail and got all my mail from hotmail.com. I now have another problem though, when I try to send an email out it says,

"Sending of messagea failed.
The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP server localhost failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing SMPT connections. Please verify that your SMPT server setting is correct and try again, or else contact your network administartor."

I dont get why im getting this error because I can receive the mail just fine ><!  ???

lee16

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2005, 12:21:13 PM »
watchthisspace,

For your Gmail outgoing server your suppost to have TSL checked for Gmail, also you spelt it ‘stmp.gmail.com’ when its 'smtp.gmail.com'.
For your incoming gmail server check ‘use secure connection (ssl)’ and change the port to 995.
Also the bit above gmail server settings should be tim.tim.timmy@gmail.com I think.
About the hotmail, are you sure you spelt your username correctly, as it seems to me that the bit above server settings has a ‘,’ just before the ‘@’, also any other spelling mistakes check for.

nestea5,

I’m about 90% sure hotmail don’t allow you to send mails though there server (they don’t like you to receive them either), so you may have to set up the outgoing server settings for another account you use (such as gmail, yahoo mail, your ISP mail ETC).

--lee

watchthisspace

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2005, 10:23:00 PM »
I can now send/recieve Gmail but I can only recieve hotmail

lee16

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2005, 10:57:18 PM »
I can now send/recieve Gmail but I can only recieve hotmail

Ok just so i understand, you can recieve your gmail and hotmail into Thunderbird?, and also you can send mail with Thunderbird?
If so, this is how its supposed to be, you only need one outgoing server and its set up as a gmail one, so all is working fine.
Do you want to add anymore accounts to Thunderbird? (such as Yahoo mail or your ISP mail).
Is there any more questions problems you have?

--lee

watchthisspace

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2005, 10:06:28 AM »
The only problem is that I cant send Hotmail mail

lee16

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2005, 06:20:22 PM »
The only problem is that I cant send Hotmail mail

What exactly are you meaning by this?, I'm a little confused.  :-[

--lee

watchthisspace

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2005, 09:50:38 PM »
I get this error

lee16

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2005, 09:56:50 PM »
Ill need to see your settings again then, i take it you set up Hotmail for your outgoing server instead of gmail (can't be done btw)

--lee

watchthisspace

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2005, 10:05:14 PM »
Do you want my outgoing and hotmail settings?

lee16

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2005, 10:16:09 PM »
The one you think are wrong ill need to see.
Are your outgoing server settings set up with gmail or hotmail btw?

--lee