Author Topic: Pro Home Avast 7  (Read 2748 times)

Sweatingbullets

Pro Home Avast 7
« on: June 03, 2012, 08:19:40 PM »

I am having trouble figuring out the security level (friend in, friend out business) which is NOT explained in the manual.  Am I not suppose to 'dink' with this?  Also, since I am using Wildblue.net  w/ Firefox browser, (now Via Sat Exceed..instead of Outlook Express...is my MAIL protected?  Although Wildblue.net DOES have a good spam blocker.  Also, I just found out about the DOME protector for banking or shopping, THAT is GREAT! Not sure I understand quite how to USE it though.  Guess I am not exactly computer savy. Any patient help would be sincerely appreciated.
Suzan.

Sweatingbullets

Re: Pro Home Avast 7
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 08:25:53 PM »
It is in the FIREWALL application rules.
This is only because I was 'poking about' and should probably leave it alone as it works PERFECTLY and have used this product for years and VERY happy with it!
Just wondering if I may have changed any of the parameters, when messing about. However still seems quite happy and working fine.  I am thrilled to have read the manual and learned about the 'dome protection' GREAT addition and impressed with the constant improvements with this company.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:46:05 PM by Sweatingbullets »