Author Topic: Avast compatibility  (Read 4267 times)

blue_fyre

Avast compatibility
« on: June 04, 2012, 03:26:58 AM »
 I have not seen the compatibility option in the installer since the beta. However, I am reading in some threads about compatibility, they seem to say avast is now able to install along side other products like Kaspersky and Avira. Am I right? I understand the disadvantages of having two but will I be able to install avast with Kaspersky?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast compatibility
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 03:56:03 AM »
It's there, with the customized installation.
The best things in life are free.

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 05:04:49 AM »
compatibility option is only available when avast detects that u have another antivirus pre-installed on ur system (if it is a clean system, no such option is provided, with other av preinstalled, the option is located below the 'express install' option).

edit: tried the compatibility mode on a VM, configuration is avg as primary av and avast as secondary av. the real-time shield installed in avast is the script shield.

u could also use avast as an on-demand scanner/boot-time scanner.

under additional protection, webrep and remote assistance is available. autosandbox is shown there too, however, i doubt it is available as it is dependent on real-time file system shield, which is not present.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 05:19:24 AM by AntiVirusASeT »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 03:03:51 AM »
compatibility option is only available when avast detects that u have another antivirus pre-installed on ur system (if it is a clean system, no such option is provided, with other av preinstalled, the option is located below the 'express install' option).
Are you sure?
The best things in life are free.

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 05:29:04 AM »
refer to the screenshots. if i miss anything please tell me  :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 05:48:27 AM by AntiVirusASeT »

blue_fyre

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 07:13:32 AM »
 I guess avast is not recognizing avira. I was curious so I installed avira and then ran avast setup. I got a screen that looks exactly like the second screenshot.