Author Topic: Urgent Advice Needed >> DDR3 RAM ........1066 / 1333mhz same as 1060 / 1333mhz ?  (Read 3837 times)

findcount

my pc using Kingston DDR3 RAM 1066 / 1333 mhz but i can only find 1060 / 1333mhz RAM at computer shops..................

the shop people say can use...............

but the RAM in my pc is bigger in size (height only) compared to those at the shops ?

so can really use 1060 / 1333 mhz ???

*** lastly, do i need to change the battery on the motherboard ? older pc using DDR2 need to change battery but what about the newer pc using DDR3 ?

thank you very much hor......................

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
You can check out crucial.com, they have a memory checker application to give you specific information. If in using that you use their RAM chip it is guaranteed to be compatible, if it isn't they will change it.

In all of the time I have been using computers I have never had to change the motherboard batter. In most cased the battery will outlast the system, it has nothing to do with the type of RAM you have. Normally you will see the date and time being wildly out if the CMOS battery is in poor condition.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

findcount

many thanks for the reply, so if i were to change the battery when time and date are inaccurate, things will go back to normal without any adverse effects ?

iroc9555

If Crucial.com do not have what you are looking for, check 4 All Memory:

http://www.4allmemory.com/indexb.cfm

Time ago I found some rare memory sticks there and did not have any trouble with them or their service.

......so if i were to change the battery when time and date are inaccurate, things will go back to normal without any adverse effects ?

If time and date are inaccurate because a bad battery, yes, things will go back to normal. Be aware that BIO settings will reverse back to default though.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
many thanks for the reply, so if i were to change the battery when time and date are inaccurate, things will go back to normal without any adverse effects ?

You're welcome.

It is so unusual to see the battery so low as to make the date and time, not just inaccurate but wildly out of date and manually correcting the time doesn't last long, we are not talking seconds or minutes hers but hours/days and sometimes months or years.

So you would know if the battery was on the way out, so replacing it would correct it, if that were the case. Of course once replaced you would have to reset the date and time.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security