Author Topic: Subscription Dates  (Read 7340 times)

Offline ron2

Re: Subscription Dates
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 01:20:47 AM »
I will say that, when the regular renewal process resulted in an abnormally shortened term, contacting Avast CS through the Avast UI resulted in a prompt (within a few hours) email which included a license file that gave me the proper renewal term.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 01:54:25 AM »
I will say that, when the regular renewal process resulted in an abnormally shortened term, contacting Avast CS through the Avast UI resulted in a prompt (within a few hours) email which included a license file that gave me the proper renewal term.

I understand that sales is erratic as far as getting back to you is concerned. What I would rather see is - I buy it today, plug in the license number at a latern date and the license period starts then.

Isn't that the way other software companies do it?

printed on 100% recycled bytes

Offline ron2

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 02:46:24 AM »
That is what I would like to see.  I think Avast needs to figure out why it doesn't work that way all the time.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 02:58:09 AM »
I buy it today, plug in the license number at a latern date and the license period starts then.
Due to antipiracy policy and other technical reasons, the license period starts when the license is issued and not when it is applied.
The best things in life are free.

Offline ron2

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 03:52:38 AM »
Then it needs to be extended by the number of days between the date of application and the date of expiration of the current, valid license.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 03:00:49 PM »
Then it needs to be extended by the number of days between the date of application and the date of expiration of the current, valid license.
avast! will do it in next versions (i.e., the license will be extended from 365 days + days from the renovation to expiration date).
The best things in life are free.