Author Topic: Stop messing with my cursor!  (Read 2638 times)

Offline zenzor

Stop messing with my cursor!
« on: June 05, 2012, 09:54:17 AM »
I've noticed that whenever AIS downloads/updates the virus definitions, my mouse pointer starts flashing and showing an hourglass. It's very disturbing when you're working, like when you concentrate on drawing in a drawing program or whatever. Isn't there a way to stop this?

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:00:45 PM by zenzor »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Stop messing with my cursor!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 02:54:00 AM »
Hmmm... It shouldn't happen as the automatic updates does not run at high priority...
But if it does happen, maybe you can set the updates to happen less frequently... I know, you will decrease your protection level unfortunately.
The best things in life are free.

Offline zenzor

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 01:59:57 PM »
Well it's the "Working in background" pointer that pops up. But now I've replaced it with the same one that's being used for the default pointer, I hope that solves the problem.

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 02:45:38 PM »
Well it's the "Working in background" pointer that pops up. But now I've replaced it with the same one that's being used for the default pointer, I hope that solves the problem.
Well if you use that approach, then your pointer shouldn't change while using high CPU usage. However, a disadvantage is when you attempt to continue to do something (thinking that your using little to none CPU), when actually the CPU is high. Then, you could experience unexpected slowdowns in your computer while working. I hope this is not a problem for you.
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."